My Homemade Son In Service Banner

I Hate Moths

When our son Imran was deployed to Afghanistan, I wanted to show my pride and support. A banner in the window would not have been visible from the road. Using a felt banner from my collection as a guide, I scaled up the size some. All the letters are cut individually. The banner is two sided so you could see it traveling in either direction.

post-7425-0-13768800-1488060689.jpg

While the banner has since been taken down, me and his mom are very happy to have him home !

The Rakkasans and Men Of War images are from a sweat shirt that he gave me.

post-7425-0-77457200-1488060728.jpgpost-7425-0-79451200-1488060744.jpgpost-7425-0-61179800-1488060777.jpg

From a war veteran, I too am relieved that your son is home safe. Thanks for sharing your good news and your great home-made banner. Its really cool!

Nice banner and a modern interpretation, you could be on to something there.... Glad your son is back! Thanks for being a military family member too!

Great sign and very neat idea!

So grateful your son is home safe and sound, and grateful for the young men and women that continue to stand up for our country, and the families that support them!