going to Mason Ohio

northcoastaero

You may want to check out the following:

-National Museum of the USAF in Dayton. Need at least one day to see all of the aircraft and displays.

-The Dave Gold parachute museum and Wright Brothers bicycle shop in downtown Dayton.

-Dayton's Aviation Trail: Wright Brothers Memorial and museum/info center-just down the road from the

NMUSAF; The Wright Brothers grave site; house; etc.

-Arms Depot gun shop in Dayton. Also has militaria items for sale.

-The Waco aircraft museum, hangar, and former factory site (3 different locations) in Troy. Waco built

aircraft along with the CG-4A gliders that were used on D-Day, etc.

-The Neil Armstrong Air and Space Museum in Wapakoneta just off I 75 exit 111. Packed full of displays

including the Gemini 8 spacecraft and a Douglas F5D Skylancer aircraft.

-Wright State University may have some displays and research materials in their archives, etc.

Hope this helps.

Heart of Ohio Antique Mall will be close to you. There is also Jeffrey's antique mall which is just down the road maybe 5 miles. Also as Mark said, its well worth the trip to the MVMHM on the VA grounds. There is also a national cemetery there as well.

thanks guys I will be working at Kings Island amusement park. Hopefully can make it over to the Air Force museum at least. Not sure yet if I will have any days off yet.

thanks guys I will be working at Kings Island amusement park. Hopefully can make it over to the Air Force museum at least. Not sure yet if I will have any days off yet.

Well hell if you're working at Kings Island, you're already in Ohio so you might as well head north to Cedar Point :D

northcoastaero

A few years ago, I flew in the Cleveland, OH chapter of the CAF SNJ trainer aircraft that was based

at the Lorain County Airport. We flew over Cedar Point and I thought it was a really neat sight seeing

the roller coasters below reaching into the sky. Also flew along the Lake Erie shore. The islands below

were a cool sight to see. The Cleveland CAF chapter also has a L-5 aircraft. I do not know if they

sell flights in it though. The L-5 flew over the house one day.