2 wings I acquired today that I am not sure what they are

Gerradtgrant

I came across these two wings today and the price was right. I picked them up not knowing what they were. Any help identifying them would be greatly appreciated. The first wing is silver marked. It has a makers mark but I am unable to figure it out, as I don't have a magnifying glass. The second one is 1/20 silver filled.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Top One ??? I Don't know

Bottom one is a US Air Force Medical personnel involved in Flight? Flight Surgeon or flight nurse. Quick google search should solve that one if no one else chimes in

Cheers,

John

The mark on the top wing looks like "Ancona Bros." - I have no idea if that is the name of a manufacturer, that's just what it looks like to me. The S21 on the bottom wing indicates manufacturer after about 1966. I forgot for whom S21 is the code, but it can be looked up. I think it's even on the forum somewhere.

The top badge is Philippine Air Force command pilot wings. It looks like an older quality made badge. I have no information on that hallmark. The S-21 is the hallmark for Harry Sugerman. Sugerman went out of business in the late 1980's IIRC.

The top badge is Philippine Air Force command pilot wings. It looks like an older quality made badge. I have no information on that hallmark. The S-21 is the hallmark for Harry Sugerman.  Sugerman went out of business in the late 1980's IIRC.

Thank you for the help on the phillipines wing. I can't find much info on them. Just not a whole lot out there. A couple on eBay that are similar but different.

The top badge is Philippine Air Force command pilot wings. It looks like an older quality made badge. I have no information on that hallmark. The S-21 is the hallmark for Harry Sugerman.  Sugerman went out of business in the late 1980's IIRC.

Found the makers mark on the philipine wing it is Suarez bros. If you were interested at all.

Yes, the second one is the basic USAF Flight Nurse wing. This is the same design that is still in use today. There are two higher level Flight Nurse wings - one with a star above the shield which is a Senior Flight Nurse and one with a star in a wreath above the shield which is for a Command Flight Nurse.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, the second one is the basic USAF Flight Nurse wing. This is the same design that is still in use today. There are two higher level Flight Nurse wings - one with a star above the shield which is a Senior Flight Nurse and one with a star in a wreath above the shield which is for a Command Flight Nurse.

The USAF "Command Flight Nurse" rating was eliminated in 1959 and replaced with "Chief Flight Nurse."

The current USAF has three levels of Flight Nurse: Basic, Senior and Chief...

The USAF "Command Flight Nurse" rating was eliminated in 1959 and replaced with "Chief Flight Nurse."

The current USAF has three levels of Flight Nurse: Basic, Senior and Chief...

Thanks! My collecting is mainly older wings and I was not up on the name change on the more recent ones