Smallest Wing I've seen

Aussie-Wings

Hi,

This is the smallest wing I have ever seen w00t.gif . It is just over 0.5 inch, made by MEYER (has shield & marked sterling on back). Is a screwback. Have attached photos of front with ruler/matchstick for size comparison, & back shot of hallmarks. I would think this is too small to be lapel size, if not then what would it be used for? BTW it cost me a massive investment of 65 US cents thumbsup.gif , came on the MEYER Card.

post-4136-1223692810.jpg

Hi,

This is the smallest wing I have ever seen w00t.gif . It is just over 0.5 inch, made by MEYER (has shield & marked sterling on back). Is a screwback. Have attached photos of front with ruler/matchstick for size comparison, & back shot of hallmarks. I would think this is too small to be lapel size, if not then what would it be used for? BTW it cost me a massive investment of 65 US cents thumbsup.gif , came on the MEYER Card.

post-4136-1223692810.jpg

Tie tack?

Could it be for fixing to decorations/ribbon bar, such as DFC/Air Medal? It is small enough for that purpose. Just a thought.

John,

You know what they say about people who say "size doesn't matter" :rolleyes:

AW.

I think it is for the lapel... and truch be told I have a .5 inch wing as well. It is made and marked by LGB. Very nice detail!

John

I think it is for the lapel... and truch be told I have a .5 inch wing as well. It is made and marked by LGB. Very nice detail!

John

HeyJohn,

"truch"? now who is having typo problems :lol:

Cheers,

AW.

It's a lapel pin. These are commercially avialable from some civilian pilot shops. Civil Air Patrol has had all their wings done in this miniature size for the same purpose.... to wear on the lapel of a civilian suit.