KIA Indiana vets spoils

awo41

This letter and photos were send home by Richard N Thompson of the 32 inf div. he was killed on Luzon in March of 45. He was 19 years old. I'll resize some photos and post more of his grouping. It's one of the most complete groupings that I've ever seen. The irony is about the only thing missing from the group is his uniform

post-4741-0-20437100-1487294894_thumb.jpeg

I've got the flag that he writes about, along with a picture of him holding it. The flag actually was in route being mailed home when he was killed

Here is the capture papers and the items. They are four rank insignia, one fan, and one flag. And also the pic of him holding it. I like his camo uniform

post-4741-0-38621700-1487295415_thumb.jpeg

USCapturephotos

Wow. Great grouping and really sad. The pic of him holding the photo of his girl and having the photo of her is really special.

Paul

The owner of the flags first name was Takashige (喬茂). The character after that is kun (君) which means Mr. (for young men). I can tell you his surname if you can show me the characters above those.

post-4741-0-38621700-1487295415.jpeg

Yes, that is correct. His surname was Inoue ( 井上 ). The upper right means "in celebration of your enlistment" ( 祝入営 )