Sign in to follow this  
skinsfan

China marines qualification badge questions

hi folks,my wifes grandfather served a short stint in China and i was fortunate enough to be given his badges and some other items....my question is did they paint the badges white(mine are) or was this probably done by his kids over the years...i want to clean them up but not if that is how they were meant to be...thanks-scott

I would say painted by the kids. Now if it a white enamel diamond.....well that's a different story!

Always looking for items associated with the China Marines! Visit chinamarine.org

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

no diamonds....inside painted where you would normally see the blackened area on Army badges and on the back............any suggestions on a paint remover that wont harm sterling silver?-scott

I have a badge some place with wreath ang EGa.Has a white almost frosted finnish but worn.

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..