MY VIETNAM WAR RUCKSACK MINT

PASGT

Got this beauty in my collection, vietnam war us rucksack, all straps on their places absolutely mint, nice green patina, all metal parts stamped US. I Made this display look, all items original and VN era.

post-105005-0-98948800-1487262861_thumb.jpg

post-105005-0-72785000-1487262951_thumb.jpg

Nice. If I may offer a point on terminology, it is an ARVN pack not a rucksack. ARVN packs were developed and made in the US for South Vietnamese troops. American troops used the M1952 rucksack at the start of the war, various versions of the lightweight rucksack throughout and eventually the tropical rucksack toward the war's end. See the various posts on this site or www.vietnamgear.com for more information

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Nice. If I may offer a point on terminology, it is an ARVN pack not a rucksack. ARVN packs were developed and made in the US for South Vietnamese troops. American troops used the M1952 rucksack at the start of the war, various versions of the lightweight rucksack throughout and eventually the tropical rucksack toward the war's end. See the various posts on this site or www.vietnamgear.com for more information

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Thank you, I know that link, but I am still think that I am correct in my terminology http://www.vietnamgear.com/kit.aspx?kit=120 http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/20121-tropical-rucksack/

post-105005-0-06511500-1487271824_thumb.jpg

That is definitely the US made ARVN pack. PASGT and one of the nicest condition ones I have seen. None of mine look that good

there was also a nylon version of this pack made by the folks in massachusetts. i had one. i don't recall ever seeing one worn in country by our guys, though.

I have two that are mint condition. One came directly from a local Vietnam vet he was an advisor over there in 65 and later retired from the military in 69 or 70 as a major he does not recall where he got the pack for him. He was also a graduate of the Ranger school before going to Vietnam. And had served prior in the 11th Airborne before it disbanded. I also have a rather well used one that a friend of mine carried in Grenada.Odd as it may seem he found it at a surplus store in Fort Bragg area and preferred it over the other rucksacks and carried it when he was with the 82nd and no one really told him he could not use it.

Thanks guys, I like to collect mint original VN Items because in 10 years, items in condition like that, will be very rare and expensive I think..

• 6 months later...

Anyone know where i can get an original vietnam rucksack, any idea why sellers are asking ridiculous prices. Please contact me at [email protected]

What type are you looking for?

People ask the crazy prices because people buy them for the crazy prices.