North American Aviation Items?

cutiger83

My favorite plane by far is the B-25. Unfortunately, I don't have any North American Aviation items such as the NAA worker pins.

Does anyone have any NAA items? If anyone would like to post anything in their collection, I would LOVE to see even the smallest items.

Thanks in advance...Kat

Kat,

Here's one you might like ... I've had it in my collection since the mid-90's:

post-3632-0-04273700-1487274594_thumb.jpg

It's an original NAA B-25 Mitchell right engine stainless steel nacelle panel (located directly behind the exhaust stacks) painted with the 345th BG Air Apaches unit insignia.

Charles O. Metzel, who was assigned to the 345th BG Air Apaches, designed the Group's late war tail insignia (I believe it was the Type II insignia, but could be wrong), and on the side, "used to paint this insignia on leather jackets and B-4 bags". After a bit of correspondence, he was kind enough to paint the Group insignia on the panel for me. If you have Larry Hickey's excellent "Warpath Across the Pacific", Mr. Metzel is mentioned along with a photo of him holding the Type II insignia he designed.

The panel has plenty of provenance, and might just go the market soon ... but for now thought you might enjoy seeing it.

Dale

Kat,

The panel has plenty of provenance, and might just go the market soon ... but for now thought you might enjoy seeing it.

Dale

You are right! I LOVE this so much! Thanks so much for posting!

...Kat

Of course, North American Aviation wasn't just a WW2 thing. They went on to make some more great stuff used in Korea and Vietnam, and also contributed heavily to NASA and the space program.

Here is a 1960's North American Aviation Missile Division launch panel as mounted into Boeing B-52 bombers and used for the North American's AGM-28 "Hound Dog" nuclear cruise missile.

post-11320-0-42520100-1487290086_thumb.jpg

Here is a 1960's North American Aviation Missile Division launch panel as mounted into Boeing B-52 bombers and used for the North American's AGM-28 "Hound Dog" nuclear cruise missile.

Very interesting. Thanks for posting!

...Kat

northcoastaero

At one time I had an armament/pylon selector assy. for a fighter type aircraft

cockpit side console. It had numerous NAA stampings on the inside. I believe that

it was from a variant of the F-100 Super Sabre. Plane Crazy Enterprises was located

in Columbus, OH near the NAA factory. planecrazyent.com is now in Colorado, but still

sells on ebay.com as planecrazyaltevogt . Amazing after all these years, he still has

some NAA items for sale on ebay. Also, a good friend of mine worked for NAA for a few

decades and I enjoy listening to his aviation stories of the past.

Let's be honest Kat. You are waiting for someone to post their B-25 :)

You are right! Riding in one is on my bucket list! I was hoping for someone to take me on a ride! :)

...Kat

You are right! Riding in one is on my bucket list! I was hoping for someone to take me on a ride! :)

...Kat

Not cheap, but available...

http://www.collingsfoundation.org/flight-experiences/

https://www.azcaf.org/plane/b-25j-mitchell/

http://historyflight.com/nw/flightpackages_bomber.php

Also, check various airshow websites, such as the Mid American Air Museum WWII weekend.

Hi Kat,

Estate sale find this morning. Dated March 10,1944. It is very detailed and has 67 pages. Lots of data charts at the back.

More pics to follow.

Enjoy, Al

post-12790-0-84822900-1488049158_thumb.jpg

Hi Kat,

Estate sale find this morning. Dated March 10,1944. It is very detailed and has 67 pages. Lots of data charts at the back.

More pics to follow.

Enjoy, Al

Thanks for posting! Congrats on a great find....Kat