Original and theatre used photographed M1 helmets with proof show yours

ArchangelDM

I suppose it's a question every Helmet or field gear collector asks him self. Has this item actually seen theatre use , or is it something that could have been used.

For me something attached with a photograph of the object is the ultimate collectors crown jewel in his/hers collection.

I don't have anything attached with a photograph and would love for members to post there's.

Have fun posting

D.C

stealthytyler

I guess I will start this off with my grandfather's beach battalion helmet. Im sure many have seen it but I couldn't resist sharing it again! Photo was taken August 1944 during Operation Dragoon at Sainte-Maxime, France.

post-131595-0-96187900-1487190931_thumb.jpg

I guess I will start this off with my grandfather's beach battalion helmet. Im sure many have seen it but I couldn't resist sharing it again! Photo was taken August 1944 during Operation Dragoon at Sainte-Maxime, France.

SBS M1 Helmet 4th BB.jpg

Speechless

What a fantastic helmet , and what a brave man

Your very, lucky

Thank you for sharing this beauty

Beautiful helmets guys.

Tyler, wonderful to see your Grandfathers helmet again thank you, you are very lucky to own such a piece.

You've all seen It before but here we go again :blush:.

post-1781-0-79482400-1487421833_thumb.jpg

Beautiful helmets guys.

Tyler, wonderful to see your Grandfathers helmet again thank you, you are very lucky to own such a piece.

A personal favourite Guy

Beautiful helmets guys.

LOVE this helmet.

This one belonged to my great-uncle who served as Belgium civilian in the 47th Ordnance Company / 3rd Army between december 1944 and VE Day.

Richard

post-130594-0-67615900-1487449922_thumb.jpg

post-130594-0-48879700-1487449935_thumb.jpg

post-130594-0-05895400-1487449944_thumb.jpg

Heres a nice one that i have belonging to Lt Col John A Rankin 2nd ID 23rd Infantry Regiment, decorated officer involved in some heavy action with the 2ID in Korea, Hill 841 Battle of Old Baldy for one, my theory is that he must have somehow got ahold of a usmc cover and had it modified to show his rank, it seemed to be a sort of a fashion at the time as there are quite a few other officers in the yearbook where this photo was found, showing nets and burlap covers with holes in front for insignia......mike

post-350-0-67900600-1487453246_thumb.png

Why only M1s?

Hey Cap

I put it in the helmet section , if the moderators don't mind would love to see field gear and clothing etc in use as well

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Well my point is there are other helmets that aren't M1s, like this one;

post-153751-0-15751800-1487463826_thumb.jpg

Got this from the vet (a family friend ) for free. He wore in Iraq with the 206th Transportation Company. He also gave me 2 pairs of boots and a full IFAK that he had in Iraq.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

post-153751-0-48411500-1487464095_thumb.jpg

Here he is in Iraq.

I should note that I don't actually know if the helmet I have is in these pictures, he told me he received a new one and did not have to turn the one I have in.

23281410.jpg

Here he is in Iraq.

I should note that I don't actually know if the helmet I have is in these pictures, he told me he received a new one and did not have to turn the one I have in.

NIce shot of him wearing it

Burning Hazard

Cool thread! Liking all the helmets posted; to me, a helmet that shows photographic period use is museum grade!

ArchangelDM, in the book "Helmets of the ETO" there's a couple of really nice examples of M1 helmets with period photo's of them being worn.

Pat