91 BG 323 SQ PRIORITY GAL Painted A2 value help please

8thairforce

Hi Folks . A number of years ago I bought this genuine painted A2 grouping including his is mission notes , photos ect. It was all the property of John E.Gottsche. Navigator on B-17 Priority Gal . 91Bg 323 Sq. Since owning it my space has got less and less. I have attached my photos from when I bought it ( as it has been stored ever since ) . Can I please ask fellow forum members what the grouping value would approx be as I may well put it up for sale in the coming weeks .

post-101904-0-51537200-1487170464_thumb.jpg

post-101904-0-09663200-1487170471_thumb.jpg

post-101904-0-07898700-1487170494_thumb.jpg

doinworkinvans

More pics of the cuffs, waist, and label inside would be needed. As well as zipper (function?) and is there any more paint or insignia, name tag on front?

Just judging by what I see here, I wouldnt see a problem with you getting between 2-3k for this group.

Any photos of vet wearing the jacket?

The mission notes and such (especially the drawn on map) add some value, but most is in the jacket.

This is one mans opinion.

I agree with Daniel. We would need more pictures of the jacket to give you a better idea. Size, original zipper, original knits, maker.....all can make a difference in value. That being said, painted jackets are bringing pretty good money these days. Even with the somewhat faded artwork.

JD

• 2 weeks later...
8thairforce

Hi All, I tried to add some pictures but no matter how much I reduced them by ( even using Ben's size reduction link ) they still came up as being too large to post.

The grouping is now listed on Ebay.co.uk in case anyone is interested drop me a pm , Try searching 91st BG or A2 flying jacket . Regards , Jim

8thairforce

I am happy to discuss / negotiate price with any fellow forum members subject to it not having received any bids . PM to discuss .

Cpl. Punishment

I bought my painted 8th AF "raggedy ann" A-2 with the man's dress uniform and a couple original mission photos from his plane (shows lots and lots of flak around his plane) for $375 right from the vet's son. The vet even had it period altered as he had a tailor sew in a b-10 or b-15 jacket interior (without effecting the leather collar or any of the jacket itself). He was in the 351st BG 509 Sq. He is going through pictures and papers currently to get me some originals and copies.

I bought my painted 8th AF "raggedy ann" A-2 with the man's dress uniform and a couple original mission photos from his plane (shows lots and lots of flak around his plane) for $375 right from the vet's son. The vet even had it period altered as he had a tailor sew in a b-10 or b-15 jacket interior (without effecting the leather collar or any of the jacket itself). He was in the 351st BG 509 Sq. He is going through pictures and papers currently to get me some originals and copies.

Sounds like you got a unbelievable deal. Good for you! I'm sure everyone would love to see your jacket and related items.

JD

Cpl. Punishment

Sounds like you got a unbelievable deal. Good for you! I'm sure everyone would love to see your jacket and related items.

JD

Thank you! I am meeting with the son of the vet to get more of his father's pictures and documents hopefull wednesday so as soon as i get everything ill post it on here! I cant wait to show you guys! Especially being a new collector, i definitely got an unbelievable deal!