Black Tip MKII Grenade Spoon

Dirt Detective

Great list. I posted a MKII grenade a few days ago that I needed an ID for the manufacturer--AA. This list identifies that manufacturer as Alcan Aluminum Corp. (AAC). AAC was formed in 1965 by Alcan Aluminun, Ltd. (AAL) as a subsidary. Both are Canadian entities. So,whether AAC (not likely) or AAL, formed in 1928, did the US use a Canadian firm to manufacture US MK2 grenade bodies in WW2?

Thanks, Al

post-12790-0-69576000-1580338486.jpg

post-12790-0-89094400-1580338507.jpg

cool!!! that is the first AA I ever seen. NICE

Thanks costa. Any thoughts about the body possibly being made in Canada?

Thanks again, Al

Thanks costa. Any thoughts about the body possibly being made in Canada?

Thanks again, Al

have no idea--- but, would say best guess made by the company from the 20's I would say

To add more information to this post, a grenade collector in France posted a picture of a late war M6 fuzed TNT filled grenade right out of the container. The spoon was stamped with the M200A1 marking, and over inked with M6A1C. The TNT grenade with M6 detonator fuze ( as I mentioned before) was fielded in April of 1944 and discontinued in late 1945 for the new fuze ( M205 I believe) with the two pronged spoon.post-180924-0-41442600-1580603098_thumb.jpeg

More, a noted grenade collector in Spain ( "Miguel") states many examples of the M200A1 engraved spoon with NO ink over stamps but all have the black painted spoon. In addition, a large amount un inked are also found on the MK II practice grenades.

• 1 month later...
Dirt Detective

All the OD painted M10A2 spoons with the black A ink stamp on top are F.L.I. spoons, not sure who that manufacturer is?? I have not see any original M10A2 spoon's with the black painted mod mark on the tip.

FLI Flight Systems Inc.

Question?? Has anyone ever seen a black tip on a M10A2 spoon ? Can anyone post a picture of one? Im starting to think only the M10A3's had black tips.

• 10 months later...