WW II Military used colored helmets?

Brian Keith

My buddy uncovered these three helmets the other day. No real vet history, was in a homemade footlocker when purchased at a yard sale years ago. Also in the footlocker were some assorted US Army WW II uniforms parts and jackets. None of these are military contract. The leather one has snaps that say The Eaglet Helmet, but no tags. You can see close ups of the tags on the other two. We were wondering if these may have been military used. I know the Navy used colored helmets for aircraft deck crew. Did the Army ever do that anywhere? These just might only be soap box derby helmets. Comments welcome, Thanks for looking!

BKW

post-1549-0-36133200-1486853578.jpg

post-1549-0-21205700-1486853615_thumb.jpg

More to follow.

northcoastaero

Nice helmets! Some USN pilots did add ear cups and communications to the colorful deck crew helmets to fly with. Probably added the same to various private purchase helmets also.

BUCO and BECK made leather motorcycle helmets until fiberglass helmets were introduced. Not familiar with the Eaglet brand name but it looks like an early motorcycle helmet, too.

Thanks for the info guys. I suspect these probably were not used by a military person, but wanted to get some opinions from people who have a lot more experience studying military aviation history than me.

Thanks!

BKW