3 Nuremberg War Trials this week!

ocsfollowme

The blouse may have a chance but no returns would make me second guess it...

The other two listed above are bogus in my opinion.

The blouse may have a chance but no returns would make me second guess it...

The other two listed above are bogus in my opinion.

IMO real jacket humped up with a fake patch.

I agree with Bill;we old farts think alike! To me the backs are the give away;does not look like typical post War German workmanship,too crude!

As to the US made white border type they were made for collectors but still highly collectible if from period but more like a 200 dollar item .

Someone lost $700 on the patch with the "War Trials" on top. Another lost close to $300 for one under discussion here. Pays to do your homework!

I think when you put something on ebay that you know is questionable and you do not let buyers know it is suspect there is something wrong.Who ever bought it will be sorry when he finds out the truth some day.Scotty

Scotty, I am not sorry. According to people who know more than both of us, it is good. I took it on approval, and spent 45 minutes doing close exam...it is good. So, it is one of those times that a photo does not always tell the whole story. Only close examination and comparison to similar pieces from the period. According to a person we both respect, it is "A super bullion patch. But the swatiska over the scale should come out in more details. Believe this patch was made by special order."

I concur, I have sold hundreds of bullions over the last few years. Many out of Germany and have become quite proficient at identifying regional materials and manufacturers. I am also really good at recognizing the best fakes out of pakistan. During my many years over there I had access to literally thousands of patches, and learned there is no such thing as standards. I was fortunate enough to see pieces from two hoards and handle/sell dozens of the pieces. This is also not a Tackett. But, I will tell you via PM if you wish who evaluated. The blue wool and style of the patch are completely non-standard. However, the wool is identical to several documented pieces in my collection and a piece in a well-known German ASMIC member...so will leave it at that.

Here is the lesser of the two from my collection. Sold the perfect one last year

However, there is an important lesson. I would never have purchased it without an approval period to evaluate it. I subjected the damn thing to every means of evaluation, including 50XLED....and nothing, surface, sub-surface, backing, etc glowed. I sent high resolution pictures to the most advanced German bullion colleagues, and we discussed---all agreed we liked the bullion, just not the wool. Then compared it to similar documented period pieces, and it matched, so..hey if it is fake, it is made by someone who exhibited amazing talent. But the stitching on the uniform and fading on thread suggests it has been on that uniform a very long time.

You know you may be correct on everything you said but when so many doubt it is correct and not what is accepted as being real, the buyer will have a tough time convincing the next buyer. With expensive items and rare items a good rule to follow is that if you can not get a concensus opinion it is better to pass. Guess who I went to FIRST for an opinion,it was Scotty!

Scotty certainly knows a lot. But when it comes to German bullion there are some in Germany who know more. And I am not talking abt Bill Bruce?

Here's my two cents on the subject.

I don't think a faker would take the time and effort to use a template, and there clearly is a template in the one we are discussing (on the uniform coat).

The fully emb US examples (with light blue backgrounds) made for collectors were based on something, and perhaps this one fits the bill, or another one like it.

Roger that Dave. Also an important fav overlooked in the previous discussions is the detail and workmanship. The key is made with 3 different billions with the swat being silver and key gold. Again at variance with known examples. Also the multiple details on the scales. And much more. What people always forget is that is that,like with motto tabs, soldiers took liberties with their insignia. I have seen countless original non regulation theater made pieces over the years. With patches as with people different does not always equal bad.