What am I missing?

mortaydc60

This lot on eBay #302210249182 just sold for almost 500 dollars. Highlighted in listing was a tab for the 34th Div along with a bullion Persian Gulf and 3 AF HQ patches and a bunch of pins,etc. What did I miss?

I think it went for a fair price to someone that wanted them. Resale price will not be big but if they wanted to tab they can part out the 5th.

Tab: worth $300. tabs continue to do well on ebay. Nice Italian made one too.

5th: $150-250 to right buyer

Persian Command: $30 in that condition

"DI" is actually a Special Forces Association badge.

I agree, price was higher than I expected. I bid what I thought was a very reasonable "lot" price and didn't come close.

My bid was more than half, but defiantly less than $500. I thought I had a strong chance at that price.

However, I'm glad to see stuff bring good money even if it means I'm not the winner. To me it means the hobby is still strong.

I like the 10th Special Forces DUI that I have never seen before.

As pointed out above it's the SFA Badge of Courage. The X represents a decade. The SFA was originally called the US Special Forces Decade Club. Membership was limited to those with 10 years of SF service.

Airborne-Hunter

The collector who purchased this group is very advanced and saw value in more than the 34th and the very nice WW1 German made 5th Corp.Beyond that I haven't gotten any information out of him. Best ABN