Placement of items in CMU-33/P22P-18

HUD69

post-163947-0-90331900-1486198584.jpegHi,

For my current style US Navy pilot set, I have an CMU-33/P22P-18 survival vest with most items.

But I have no idea on where exactly to put those (except for the radio) For instance, what pocket does the SRU-31/P go (if even carried)

Thanks for the help!

Ron

I believe the survival kits should be carried in both inside lower velcro closed pockets. Which vest setup do you have? The Rotary wing or Tacair fixed wing? Which model PRC-112 is that? Looks like its missing the earphone pouch.

northcoastaero

I am almost certain the SRU-31/P kits were kept in the ejection seat Survival Kit Unit (SKU-RSSK or soft kit)<br />for fixed wing aircraft equipped with ejection seats. The SRU-31/P kits were probably kept in the vest for<br />rotary wing and patrol aircraft.

I am almost certain the SRU-31/P kits were kept in the ejection seat Survival Kit Unit (SKU-RSSK or soft kit)<br />for fixed wing aircraft equipped with ejection seats. The SRU-31/P kits were probably kept in the vest for<br />rotary wing and patrol aircraft.

That might be the case indeed, in the SV-2B it was placed in one of the side pockets.

My PRC-112 is the early version and has the earphone pouch and my vest has the TAC-AIR pocket lay out.

Thanks for the help!

Ron

post-163947-0-32859800-1486280321_thumb.jpg

You have a rotary wing aircraft vest. The TACAIR vest has a metal zipper with only one slider. It also has slots in the upper chest area for the Koch fittings from the parachute harness to pass through.

Here is a basic setup for your vest.

post-159730-0-65510800-1486407315_thumb.jpg

And, here is a table that shows what goes where. This is for the current generation of survival gear but it should give you some idea.

post-159730-0-44609400-1486407555.jpg

And, here is a table that shows what goes where. This is for the current generation of survival gear but it should give you some idea.

Thank you very much! Now to Ebay for the correct vest...

Ron