Wrap Brooch USMC Brevet on Ebay

oldradiostuff

​Far from being an expert.But I don't like the lettering, not clear.The ribbon bar is way post war.I'm thinking someone re-ribboned a re-stirke/fake? If it's original you are talking THOUSANDS of dollars.

I think the stars on the ribbon are a dead give away of a forgery or re-pop.

On page 90 of "The Call of Duty" by LTC John E. Standberg, you can find a photo of a real Brevet medal. I cannot find any example of the stars on the Brevet and on also on MOH ever looking like this. Also the Ebay medal has a full wrap brooch which does not appear to match the brooch types shown in books. Although there were several strikes of this medal, the last strike in 1973 had silkscreened stars. The ribbon bar included with the ebay medal appears to be also 70's ish. I think it is a doctored 70's strike or some other un-authorized reproduction. I have a 1950s strike of this medal. It has sown on stars and an early crimp brooch similar to a post WWII Army commendation medal.

My 2 cents.

30 minutes to go and it's up to $225

A fool & his money are soon parted. This thing is horrible with no solid detail and obviously a bad cast.

That reproduction brooch is also listed as such in my brooch guide.

Unfortunately the price of an education in military collecting is high. It is unfortunate that there are so many fakers and scammers out there trying to take advantage of people. I'm thankful for this forum and the expertise of it's members.