Glider Pilots uniforms

WWIIinterviews

WWIIinterviews

I hope this hasn't been covered before but, I was wondering if there may be some information out there on what glider pilots wore per mission? Photographs would be great. I am looking for what they wore to begin a display and collection. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Hi.

Why you dont do a research in WWW firstly and put here some more special question? In the Interent you have everything, orgin. pics,, info, even at Ebay you can find some important things...

Try to use also a "search" here. Im not Airborne expert soo I cant help you but sometimes put a little bit work is worth more than make a post like this, sorry.

Regards,

Jerry

The Iron Brigade

Search the forum using the words Glider Pilot and you will find some interesting threads like the following.

-2nd Lt Elwood Brindle, Glider Pilot 75th Troop Carrier Squadron, 435th Troop Carrier Group.

-Troop Carrier Officers tunic - 88th TCS 438th TCG

Do a Google search using the words Glider Pilot and you will find many photos of American and British Glider Pilots. Plus quite a few books have been published on the subject.

WWIIinterviews

I own both those two uniforms mentioned. Are you more interested in what GP's wore in combat?

Yes. I would like to build a full display of what they wore on missions if possible. From a couple of pictures I've seen, some look similar to airborne troops.

doinworkinvans

If you have a subscription to Fold3 there are lots of pics there too...but a simple Google or forum will do the same thing.