Unknown Bayonet

Nkumburis

Good Evening,

I was going through an old house today and found this bayonet. It has a wood grip and is about 15 inches long. First off, can anyone help me identify it? Second, its pretty rusty as the pictures show, does anyone know how I could clean it? I'm looking forward to your comments, thank you! - Nick K

post-153882-0-00287000-1486089677_thumb.jpg

post-153882-0-93806600-1486089686_thumb.jpg

It is a Pattern 1907 bayonet for the Mk III (later known as No. I Mk III) rifle. It has either been reworked or was made after 1916.

Remington did manufacture a quantity of them in 1915, however since it appears this example is not one of them, this thread will be locked in keeping with our 'non-US' rule once the manufacturer has been noted.

RC

It is a Pattern 1907 bayonet for the Mk III (later known as No. I Mk III) rifle. It has either been reworked or was made after 1916.

Remington did manufacture a quantity of them in 1915, however since it appears this example is not one of them, this thread will be locked in keeping with our 'non-US' rule once the manufacturer has been noted.

RC

Remington never manufactured the Pattern 1907 bayonet to my knowledge. However, there are some Pattern 1913 bayonets which were converted into Pattern 1907 bayonets by cutting off the muzzle ring and reattaching it closer to the blade to allow it to be used with the Mk III Lee-Enfield.

Remington never manufactured the Pattern 1907 bayonet to my knowledge. However, there are some Pattern 1913 bayonets which were converted into Pattern 1907 bayonets by cutting off the muzzle ring and reattaching it closer to the blade to allow it to be used with the Mk III Lee-Enfield.

Remington made somewhere around 10,000 P07 bayonets