US Navy Seabees "Can Do" Plaque surprise

Manchu Warrior

This plaque has been hanging down my basement for so long I cannot recall where it came from. It was also hanging in a very inaccessible spot and therefore it had been a long time since I had taken a good look at it. With that said I dug through the pile last night and took it down and I was pleasantly surprised about something that I had never noticed before. I was surprised because I had always assumed it was a decal on the plaque but it is in fact hand painted, and very well done. I have no idea how old it happens to be but it's a pretty cool piece of art. I also thank this forum for me becoming a much more observant collector. Does that make sense?

post-1412-0-30071300-1486053524.jpgpost-1412-0-74582500-1486053532.jpg

Nice looking paint job on the plaque. One observation though. Notice that the left half of the outside circle appears to be highlighted on the rope portion on the inner and outer parts of the circle but the right half doesn't? I wonder if the painter just didn't finish painting it or wanted it to look that way. Regardless, it's a beautiful painting.

Manchu Warrior

Nice looking paint job on the plaque. One observation though. Notice that the left half of the outside circle appears to be highlighted on the rope portion on the inner and outer parts of the circle but the right half doesn't? I wonder if the painter just didn't finish painting it or wanted it to look that way. Regardless, it's a beautiful painting.

I hadn't notice that and it looks as if they just stopped in the middle of painting the rope. I also appreciate the comments. Thanks!

Manchu Warrior

Shadowing on the rope to give a 3 D look.

You are correct because it is painted on outside on one side and on the inside on the other side.