Help with 1st Flight Platoon ID ? Aviation

WorldWarPatches

vintageproductions

According to the ASMIC catalog on Army Aviation Patches it is 1st Personnel Service Battalion, 1st Flight Platoon

A lot of these great reference catalogs are now available of Ebay for the first time in years.

This is the 1st Flight Platoon 57th Aviation Company Assault Helicopter, RVN. There was an article in the VICN from the Platoon Commander. Mis IDed in ASMIC. The original unit worn patches were machine made in hangers, It is suspected that the handmade versions were collector copies made by the famous Saigon Shop that copied insignia during the war. The article featured the patches in wear, Hope this helps. Jeff Williams

The VICN, Volume XII, Number 1, July August 1993, The original unit worn patches were made in the Kontum Laundry. Jeff

vintageproductions

That's funny Jeff as I was just looking through some older VICN on a different search and just found that issue with the story on the cover.

WorldWarPatches

This is the 1st Flight Platoon 57th Aviation Company Assault Helicopter, RVN. There was an article in the VICN from the Platoon Commander. Mis IDed in ASMIC. The original unit worn patches were machine made in hangers, It is suspected that the handmade versions were collector copies made by the famous Saigon Shop that copied insignia during the war. The article featured the patches in wear, Hope this helps. Jeff Williams

Thanks Jeff,

I have misplaced my notes from the other day and did not want to call and bother you. 7 months in a shed does that to you. Can't wait to head to the SOS, a motel will be like a palace!