Unknown Patch, 13th Air Corps Ferrying Sq, ATC.

GWS

This patch is way out of my collecting category(WW1 American) and came to me in a box of militaria I bought at auction. I've searched the Ref. section here and turned up nothing. Thought someone might have seen it before somewhere. The "tablet" has 13 on it and the "arrow" looks familiar but I can't make heads or tails of it. Also-"winged helmet" Not much to go on but maybe enough clues to ID it. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Steve

post-2137-0-47908900-1485811328.jpgpost-2137-0-71550200-1485811341.jpg

Early WWII USAAF 13th Air Corps Ferrying Sq., Air Transport Command Jacket Patch

WOW! You are fast! Thank you Sir! I know it's impossible to tell from a photo, but does it look original to you? It looks good to me but again, out of my category. I hate to ask this, but assuming original, is this a $5 or $50 patch? Thanks,

Steve

This appears original, US made with felt and cheesecloth backing. Currently, I see superb examples of this patch listed from $325 to a high of $825. :blink::wacko::excl:

Okay, back to earth, the market is soft for squadron patches in general. This is not a fighter squadron or exceptionally rare patch. The condition is very good, but has some misconfiguration (not round and flat), disruption of the backing. I can't tell if there are moth nips? So, optimistically, you might, or might not, get $100-200 +/- if someone is in the market for one. On the other hand, you might just get $85! Much like the stock market from day to day, I think....LOL. Of course, if you collect WW1, you could save it for trading.

Now that is just my take on the matter. You potentially could get 5,341,377 other ideas on the exact value, but I think you get the gist of my commentary,as you already collect patches.

regards,

pat

I sold one at auction two summers ago and it was mint and maybe made $120 on it. Dealers have it at $600-800 but never at auction.

I think it is a cool insignia but for some reason it does not bring much at auction. It should be a $250 patch all day long but there are a bunch out there.

I sold one at auction two summers ago and it was mint and maybe made $120 on it. Dealers have it at $600-800 but never at auction.

I think it is a cool insignia but for some reason it does not bring much at auction. It should be a $250 patch all day long but there are a bunch out there.

I agree, it is a cool patch, but only $120, wow. Even softer than I thought.

Thanks for all the information you've provided guys. Just knowing what outfit this patch was from is most important to me. What it's actually worth was a secondary thought but now at least I know not to sell or trade it for $20, or hold out for $300 either! Thanks again for your help.

Steve