INTERESTING ERDL POPLIN TROUSERS

Klaxon

FOUND THESE THE OTHER DAY AT A VINTAGE SHOP HERE IN TOWN. THEY'RE THE TROUSERS, HOT WEATHER, CAMOUFLAGE PATTERN AKA RDF TROUSERS BUT IN NON RIP STOP POPLIN BUT IN GREEN DOM ERDL MIXED WITH SOME BROWN DOM AND THE GAS FLAP IN GREEN DOM RIPTOP. LOOKS LIKE A 1978 DATE AND MADE BY WATAUGA APPAREL CORP. FROM WHAT I CAN MAKE OUT FROM THE FADED LABEL.

INTERESTING TO SEE THE USE OF THIS FABRIC SOME 10 YEARS AFTER IT BEING FAZED OUT. ANYONE ELSE EVER COME ACROOS A PAIR LIKE THIS? I'M ASSUMING THEY (WATAUGA APPAREL CORP.) HAD OLD STOCK OF POPLIN ERDL AND MADE USE OF IT. COOL COMBO I'VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE.

post-104659-0-55658200-1485652254_thumb.jpg

Typical.

You always find the oddest cloth combos on RDF.

Its what makes them cool.

Jackets also come like this.

o

1st time coming across a poplin pair. Thought they were cool. Super soft handle as poplin gets when washed lots. Would love a non ripstop coat to go with it. Have come across RDF in ripstop with different erdl but I never had much interest as they were post war.

Coming to LA for Inspiration next month. Hope to see ya if you're in town.

did the camera flash make the black "branches" look faded out so much or is that from washing and wear and tear?

No that's how it is. Faded from wash and wear.

From what I understand, as long as the cloth met the Military Specification, it could be used for the production of clothing. What you are seeing here is older poplin stock that came out of a corner of a warehouse somewhere used to fulfill a contract in the RDF era. The DSA number is hard to make out, but it has a two digit code for the contract year, this one being sometime in the 1970's.

• 3 weeks later...

From what I understand, as long as the cloth met the Military Specification, it could be used for the production of clothing. What you are seeing here is older poplin stock that came out of a corner of a warehouse somewhere used to fulfill a contract in the RDF era. The DSA number is hard to make out, but it has a two digit code for the contract year, this one being sometime in the 1970's.

That's what I figured. Just neat to see a cloth being used some 10 years after its faze out.

Owen gave me a pair of the exact opposite make up last week for the same maker and year. I'll post a pic ASAP. Reminds me of some of the WWII German camo where they would use different dye lots within the same garment. Quite artistic.

Are you ever going to post the pants !!!!

Hi O,

Sorry mate. I put them somewhere when I unpacked from my LA trip. I think they're at the shop. I'll look again today and post em ASAP.

Cheers,

Matt

Howdy,

Found em!

Here are the RDF ERDL trousers Owen kindly gave me when I saw him last month in LA and said I would post.

They're the exact opposite of the pair posted above. Everything is switched. Same maker and date. So strange. An obvious and deliberate pairing from cloth to cloth and combo to combo.

Would be great to see examples of the shirts. If anyone has and cares to share please do.

Cheers,

Matt

post-104659-0-61475500-1488843536_thumb.jpg

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Here you go:

post-153751-0-71294200-1488844903_thumb.jpg

I like this because it allows us to really compare the differences in their floors.

Edit, somehow I missed the full length picture, I'll fix that.