Did the Air Corps use G-1's?

Cpl. Punishment

Cpl. Punishment

Thank you! There were no markings i could see on the pockets. I didnt look inside the pockets themselves but the inside of the flap, i didnt see anything. The paint and everything looked period to me as well which is why i have been so optimistic. The guy said that his father told him that this was the jacket he wore on his missions. The man wants $250, think i should go for it?

Cpl. Punishment

Thank you! There were no markings i could see on the pockets. I didnt look inside the pockets themselves but the inside of the flap, i didnt see anything. The paint and everything looked period to me as well which is why i have been so optimistic. The guy said that his father told him that this was the jacket he wore on his missions. The man wants $250, think i should go for it?

Yes. Looks like a good A2 with B10 modifications. I once acquired an A2 that was previously owned and the veteran explained to me that he traded it late in the war because he was issued a B-10 and preferred the A2; but another "more seasoned" crew member just wanted to stay warm! Besides, $250 won't even buy you a repro jacket. Well worth the research project in my opinion. See if you can get more info from the Son like photos, military paperwork, etc. It's a perfect opportunity to get a jumpstart on the research! Jeffro

Like the others said, looks to be a B10 or B-15 jacket sewn in as a liner in an A-2.

I don't see any red flags so it actually may be a wartime modification

That is definitely something you don't see every day

I'd buy that. The research would be great. especially is the son or somebody has a period photo of him wearing it like this

neat find

Tom Bowers