IFFT wings

1stDivVet

Aussie-Wings

Hi,

Not military. Company or manufacturing emblem/logo? May not even be aviation related. Any other thoughts think.gif

Cheers,

AW.

AW,

My thoughts too, but not dealing with much in the way of the CPT programs during the war, not sure if it came from one of them..Look 40's to 60's.. No markings but the logo on the front.. Price was right tho.. Other stuff in the bag was worth the dollar..LOL

Aussie-Wings

I sometimes pick up "unknowns" just because I like the look of them. I have a collection that I list as unknown, sometimes I come across a reference that identifies them and then they are moved into an appropriate collection. In the meantime, it gives me something to do at night when I cannot sleep (most nights thumbdown.gif ). Keep the them for the novelty value, (one day you might find out what they are thumbsup.gif )

Cheers,

AW.

Unless you are lucky, finding out what this was used for is very slim. Could be anything from the International Federation of Flying Techs to the Indiana Female Friendly Typewriter Co.

These things were very popular with all sorts of people and groups and lots of companies made them. I know a guy who collects these things and he must have about 20,000 of them, bought at flea markets and garage sales over the years. Funny thing, he almost never spends more than a buck for any of them, yet figures he has about 3-4 times their worth in gold and silver metal content alone. Not sure if that is true, but it is what he tells his wife at least.

Patrick

I did some searching on IFFT.

Turns out that "Ifft" is, believe it or not spelled that way, a family name!

However, I did find two references which relate "IFFT", spelled that way, with aviation science having to do with hydraulics. But, no indication whatsoever as to why anyone would have made or been given wings.