WW2 Buckle Boots variations and questions?

Well please post them here for the benefit of all...

ok johan...hey people listen up...these boots are greek army M1950 infantry boots...i dont collect old greek staff & these boots are long gone so that i was'nt aware if their existence but i asked an opinion from experianced members of the greek collecting community & they came up with usefull info...they look like US M43 prototypes...early production..but they are not...so if you are so unlucky to come across a pair dont pay 1000 euro's bc that will be a terrible waste of money! :rolleyes: conclussion for the buyers:dont pay crazy money for unidentified items bc you step on the mine & BOOM!!! :lol:

that was a lesson to learn for both buyers & sellers as the gold turns eassilly to sand

Sellers dont be greedy...if you have a piece of crap & you wanna do a dirty job & you'r in need for some quick bucks at least sale it for a low price so the damage to the buyer will be small...dont ask for thousands of $ bc the mighty identification will come soon & the price will drop down dead thumbsup.gif

i did my research-Ernest your boots are GREEK ARMY BOOTS i'm sorry-they worth 3 or 4 euro's if you are lucky

welll

they cant be ex greek army..

because they came from somebody that had them fron the war...

we trackt down the seller yesterday...

they are gliderborne items..

a glider fal down behind the farmhouse and the men where medical taking care off in the farm of this now 96 year old owner. the boots any many more item i have came fron there..

greek army boots that have a americam stamp!!!

please coolman...

i dont no where that bull shinola came from but trouh away that book. ore info..

the greek never made leather soles but allways had rubber ones.. dont forget coolman i collected them aswell befor i could buy they proper ones!!!

sorry guy.. rong info!!

ok johan...hey people listen up...these boots are greek army M1950 infantry boots...i dont collect old greek staff & these boots are long gone so that i was'nt aware if their existence but i asked an opinion from experianced members of the greek collecting community & they came up with usefull info...they look like US M43 prototypes...early production..but they are not...so if you are so unlucky to come across a pair dont pay 1000 euro's bc that will be a terrible waste of money! :rolleyes: conclussion for the buyers:dont pay crazy money for unidentified items bc you step on the mine & BOOM!!! :lol:

that was a lesson to learn for both buyers & sellers as the gold turns eassilly to sand

Sellers dont be greedy...if you have a piece of crap & you wanna do a dirty job & you'r in need for some quick bucks at least sale it for a low price so the damage to the buyer will be small...dont ask for thousands of $ bc the mighty identification will come soon & the price will drop down dead thumbsup.gif

well for your info..

the boots are sold to a french collector..

they maker is

Kath New York

made in that factory between Feb en april 1943.

total of them made.. 1226 pairs.

they where taking out again because they did not function as well as the rubber soles..

Info from:

kath shoes new york.

My father made these boots, why lookt at them with the old pictures in the factory.

fantastic to see there is stil a pair out there..

Danielle Newman/Kath

----- green holy drive

Orwigsburg Maryland

so please gentelman///

next time dont thinck to be the number 1 in just looking in the books..

I never said the boots were not original, nor that they were original.

All I did was ask Coolman to show substantial evidence that what he said was true.

I never used words that were not appropriate on the forum, nor did I choose any offensive wording at all.

You do not have to come here, but when you do, we expect you to act by our standards. If that is too much to ask, please just stay away!

This topic is closed, don't even bother to contact me!

JOhan

f_poll.gif '29th,Let's Go!' f_poll.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I have re-opened the topic because I was sent the pictures shown below by someone in Greece.

He described the boots as having been issued in the Greek Army in the 50's.

Other people have informed me that the post WW2 Greek Army was indeed equipped with boots which were very similar to WW2 GI Buckle Boots....

I will leave the topic open, unless people start throwing mud again.

What we would like to see is substantial evidence that either these boots are indeed US WW2 made or that they are without doubt Greek made or adapted from Greek boots....

Johan

post-92-1237232520.jpg

post-92-1237232528.jpg

f_poll.gif '29th,Let's Go!' f_poll.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I have re-opened the topic because I was sent the pictures shown below by someone in Greece.

He described the boots as having been issued in the Greek Army in the 50's.

Other people have informed me that the post WW2 Greek Army was indeed equipped with boots which were very similar to WW2 GI Buckle Boots....

I will leave the topic open, unless people start throwing mud again.

What we would like to see is substantial evidence that either these boots are indeed US WW2 made or that they are without doubt Greek made or adapted from Greek boots....

Johan

they are without any doubt greek made-they are marked 700ΣΕ 1954. 700 ΣΕ stands for 700th greek army military factory the official & ones the only manufacturing division of a big military complex located to the pireaus port of Athens.what is the ABL marking for the belgian staff or the KL for the Dutch staff is the 700ΣΕ marking for the greek staff.the factory back in the good old days of the 50s & 60s produced almost any kind of military equipments with very high quality standards...government army inspectors..high skilled workers etc...later in the 90s for some unexplained reason the greek government as all the rest european governments decided to make the chinese rich & the europeans poor so they closed that fantastic factory...fired all the greek personel & left the buildings ruined & offered all the new orders to china!!! crying.gif so simple...just without any explaination thousands of greeks lost their jobs...needless to say that all the new staff comming from chinese contractors is crap & will not survive the 1st week of a real war-anyway...that's another story & happened everywere even in america...the boots in question are greek made & i dont wanna hear any other opinion. of course they dont worth 750 euro's as the pair that sold to an unaware collector last week...maybe they worth lets say 10 euro's at best

thanx thumbsup.gif

a 70s years old who served in 1959 told me that these boots had the nickname *DOC*in the greek army...everyone within the greek collecting community knows these boots after the name doc but noone has a clue what that doc word means....the only collector who was totally unaware of their's existence it's me!!! as i'm focused on the american & british staff so my study on the old greek staff was next to nothing..i'v had seen old pictures of greek soldiers but as the quality was bad i thought that they were normal US M43 boots