"America's Blue Band" boots manufacturer WW2 ?

Junior45

Hey guys,

just wondered if any of you knew this brand? did they manufacture for the army or did they stay at private purchases level?

For instance there's this pair of jump boots, for sale on epay:

s-l16013.jpg

s-l16011.jpg
s-l50010.jpg
s-l16014.jpg

s-l16010.jpg

Everything there makes me think it is WW2 (probably early with brass eyelets), re-enforced stitching and angled heel, and except the tag, no us army soles (ok could be replacement), no stamps or depot acceptances... No dates

how would you feel with them?

Thanks in advance

Regards

JEB

Paratrooper boots, private purchase, PX or Army Navy Store, I should think, maybe WWII era, more likely post war into 50s

Same as patches, private purchase for sure

Thank you very much for your opinions gentlemen.

I thought so to but those Brass Eyelets bothered me. Most Corcorans after WW2 kept the painted steel eyelets, but I suppose certain companies would have gone back to the initial "Look"!

Thanks again!

Kind Regards

JEB

Nice jump boots. Blue Band, Quality, Standard were boots of the 30's and 40's from Montgomery Ward. There was also a Red Band, Quality, Better. I'm guessing the colours were a quality grading system.

Nice jump boots. Blue Band, Quality, Standard were boots of the 30's and 40's from Montgomery Ward. There was also a Red Band, Quality, Better. I'm guessing the colours were a quality grading system.

Very interesting and informative, that this brand was a Montgomery Ward brand, something we never knew. Here's a Blog on the Blue and Red Band boots.

http://vintageengineerboots.blogspot.com/2011/09/engineer-boot-lexicon-part-vi.html

Very interesting and informative, that this brand was a Montgomery Ward brand, something we never knew. Here's a Blog on the Blue and Red Band boots.

http://vintageengineerboots.blogspot.com/2011/09/engineer-boot-lexicon-part-vi.html

Happy to share. Never knew or have seen the Green Band Quality before. Some great boots on that engineer boot blog. He's been doing it for ages.