USS Indianapolis: Men of Courage (2016)

jeffs1130

Just rented and watched "USS Indianapolis: Men of Courage".

Not the best war movie, but I liked it!

Some graphics were kind of cartoony, especially the airplanes and ship scenes, but over all not to bad for a medium budget film! Captain McVay was portrayed by Nicholas Cage...

Was still a poignant reminder of what those Sailors and Marines endured at sea in the water for all those days... A terrible price paid!

I'd recommended it to any WWII or Military History buffs!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Trevor M. Larson

I spoke with an Indy survivor today and he went out of his way to mention this film.....as total garbage.

I spoke with an Indy survivor today and he went out of his way to mention this film.....as total garbage.

I can confirm that the Indy survivors I spoke to and saw at their reunion said same.

I really really try to give any movie that focuses on WWII my time and to be positive going into it. I always think wow, it's nice that there will be people who see this movie who probably never heard of the USS Indianapolis and know it's story. After watching it though, this is one that I just can't recommend to anyone. I thought the acting was bad, special effects were bad......it's a shame it ended up being what it is....which in my opinion was a bad movie.

• 7 months later...

Saw this while scrolling through Netflix yesterday. Almost watched it, but after seeing the reviews I didn't bother. I do remember watching Mission of the Shark when I was a kid but probably wasn't that great either. It's too bad they won't make a great movie on the Indy, especially with the success of Dunkirk.

Anyone know if the unnamed Indy movie that was going to be produced by Robert Downey Jr is still happening? Last I've seen is articles announcing it back in 2015.