USMC NAM Camo Poplin Shirt

72newport

bill brewster

I have an ERDL worn by a Marine NCO. He put his last name over the upper left pocket and on the back, last name and serial # in black marker. These are the only markings. I have never seen an ERDL with the EGA that shows any signs of issue/use.

Bill

Somebody hit the nail on the head- as organizational clothing, no markings were to be applied as they went thru laundry facilities and you may have got a different set back- I also received a set in 1976 in Japan and IIRC, they came with special instuctions on placement of the EGA

pwmiraldi67
EGA & USMC stencils are usually post Vietnam. Or very late war period.

I agree 100% thank God someone else has heard this!! thank you Andre you are awsome!!

I had a while back a copy of 1967 dated USMC notice that the EGA is NOT to be put on the US Army jungle green and camouflage uniform. The only photo Ive ever seen of a Marine with this was a 2 star Marine General in 1970 on a nice starched ERDL uniform,

thanks

paul

I served during this time, and no one I can remember had these stencils on there Camo utilities. We would buy them in the States for our sateens, and some of us applied them, and others didn't. The shirts we were issued were generic OG107s given to the Army Air Force, etc. w/ nothing on them. At the PX I remember they there were like 5 or 6 shirt and cap stencils for like a 1.00. Now, some of the old timers who had the green jungle jackets had what looked like a roll on stencil on their shirts. The globe was solid like the WW2 one, and their was nothing in the eagles beak. Only saw those a little, and only on the green jungle utilities.

bill brewster
I agree 100% thank God someone else has heard this!! thank you Andre you are awsome!!

I had a while back a copy of 1967 dated USMC notice that the EGA is NOT to be put on the US Army jungle green and camouflage uniform. The only photo Ive ever seen of a Marine with this was a 2 star Marine General in 1970 on a nice starched ERDL uniform,

thanks

paul

So Paul, what happened to the notice? I would love to see that. Bill