Green & Yellow Cadet patch

WorldWarPatches

Pat -

Looks like someone was guessing CCC. CCC lasted from 1933-42, and from Dec 41 until mid 1942, most CCC personnel worked at construction of military bases (the remainder were firemen out in the boonies). Not aware of any CCC flying personnel.

This is similar to the second design of the WW II Avn Cadet patch, which was worn on black and blue discs w/ the yellow-orange winged prop. AR 600-40 dated 31 Mar 44 illustrates and describes the wear of this patch, but does not give colors. Hey, it's the Army.

How about the either the "colors" of a school or an OQMG test run patch?

That being said, would sure like to read the opinions of others.

WorldWarPatches

Pat -

Looks like someone was guessing CCC. CCC lasted from 1933-42, and from Dec 41 until mid 1942, most CCC personnel worked at construction of military bases (the remainder were firemen out in the boonies). Not aware of any CCC flying personnel.

This is similar to the second design of the WW II Avn Cadet patch, which was worn on black and blue discs w/ the yellow-orange winged prop. AR 600-40 dated 31 Mar 44 illustrates and describes the wear of this patch, but does not give colors. Hey, it's the Army.

How about the either the "colors" of a school or an OQMG test run patch?

That being said, would sure like to read the opinions of others.

Thanks Dave,

I spent 2 hours on the history of the CCC and camp #'s and found nothing on flying. I can tell it's very old. Hopefully some one can say...hey I know what it is.

maybe cookieman can help. I have seen this on ebay once before.

Could be a LTD, FTD or CPT cadet patch.

Or run with the 103rd ID Cadet Flying Corps =)

​Could it be female flight cadets? Like like the same colors as the WAC's, mosstone green & gold.

The only "female flight cadets" in WW II were the WASPs. They did not wear this and were never part of the WACs.

Garth Thompson

Here is one I have in my collection as well as a blue on red. The best guesses are these are base or unit specific but no documentation has ever been seen.

post-83-0-82100200-1485629818_thumb.jpg