Used ACH Camo Helmet

FT.Monmouth1943

FT.Monmouth1943

Recently picked up this ACH helmet that has that combat used look. It appears that the helmet was painted desert brown and then black. Its missing one of the pads, but it has a surefire light, Velcro, and norotos mount. I don't know much about these helmets, but it was too cool to pass up. All comments are welcome.

post-134998-0-82768900-1485483324.jpegpost-134998-0-61109700-1485483333.jpegpost-134998-0-56623500-1485483342.jpegpost-134998-0-66922500-1485483351.jpegpost-134998-0-46338700-1485483361.jpeg

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Very nice helmet, you did good.

I'm betting its 2008-2010, because the UCP Foliage Green helmets, chinstraps, and pads were some of the last things to get to the troops, it might be different for rangers though.

Hello Ft. M.

Nice helmet, congrats. Here are some particulars for you on this one to keep with it.

This is a standard Advanced Combat Helmet produced in the MICH cut originally finished in Foliage Green #504 and made by Mine Safety Appliances (MSA). The actual production date is listed on the interior crown white label, but may be covered by the Velcro disc. My initial guess would be possibly 2007-2008.

If you notice the left front chinstrap Ladder Lock (Buckle) is different. It has been preplaced with a black MSA standard MICH type also still produced during the same period, possibly as a field replacement for a broken one. If the chinstrap itself is MSA factory original there will be a worn label on the right side of the chinstrap, if a replacement look carefully at the rear Velcro "H" back pad strap for a sewn in label (normally Volunteer Blind Industries)

By the dark paint outline showing at the front, this originally had a Wilcox L3 Series - G10 NVG Shroud installed, then later replaced with the Norotos One Hole Low Profile Shroud.

Hope that helps

If you notice the left front chinstrap Ladder Lock (Buckle) is different. It has been preplaced with a black MSA standard MICH type also still produced during the same period, possibly as a field replacement for a broken one. If the chinstrap itself is MSA factory original there will be a worn label on the right side of the chinstrap, if a replacement look carefully at the rear Velcro "H" back pad strap for a sewn in label (normally Volunteer Blind Industries)

Does the molle buckle repair kit have a similar sized buckle?

taucco,

It looks like maybe the left rear may be the same type buckle as well and the others may be dirty or different shaped, pics are not quite clear enough for me all around. Factory buckles should be FG, but with the black overpaint these may be painted as well, will have to wait for more info from Ft. M to confirm here 100% on this.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Wow, what a find. Honest and unmessed helmet.

The center pads are missing because the wearer was wearing a headset under the helmet.

That was my first though, but now I'm not so sure, I see a circle of dust/sand around a very clean spot, just like the "shadow" you can see on uniforms that have had a patch removed.

FT. M,

From those photos it would appear to be an MSA chinstrap. Can you confirm if all the buckles are also the Foliage Green color, Black, or painted Black? From the original photos at least some appear darker, however may just be the photos.