Robbins Co. Chief Petty Officer Anchor

muddyboots

I got this one with a dog tag dated 1941 and I was wondering how common the maker of this badge is. I have searched for a while and found a lot of Army and USMC badges but I haven't found any USN at least yet. Opinions please thank you.

post-24366-0-35810200-1485358653_thumb.jpg

I'm not an insignia expert by any means but the Robbins badge looks fine. And I also believe it is of WWII vintage primarily because of the characteristic "drooping" N. Robbins company was a large manufacturer of military insignia with a particular specialty manufacturing DI's. Robbins company still exists although like many companies it has morphed, merged and been acquired a few times since the 1940's. I was born and raised in Attleboro,and still work there. Attleboro's nickname at the time was "The Jewelry City" because of it's large number of jewelry and insignia manufacturers. In addition to the above mentioned Robbins Co. Attleboro was also home to, L.G. Balfour Co., Jostens, Amcraft, and the nearby VH Blackinton and Orber all names I'm sure you are familiar with.

Paul

I'm familiar with all the other companies but I haven't seen a Robbins Co. anchor and I did read about the company and thought I would see more Navy items than I have seen.

Although there are currently no Petty Officer pins there are a couple of Naval Aviator wings and a USN Flight Surgeon wing currently for sale on Ebay. So Robbins must have had some Navy contracts. In addition I believe, Robbins changed their hallmark to a "Winged R" right after WWII. Hope this info helps. But again I think the badge is fine.