The Best Ever Fokker D.VII Fabric Presentation Souvenir

1stMinn

Very nice. I have a 100 questions but I have to refrain myself.

You didn't explain where the history of the German aircraft came from. How do you know it was from a downed Fokker D-VII? The Austrians flew some wild lozenge schemes that were odd shapes.

The pattern is printed in the fabric. But can you tell if the Cross was painted onto the fabrice? That is what I'm seeing in your photos.

The dimensions would work for a lower wing of a DVII, most other aircraft had flaps that bisected one arm of the cross. (I couldn't find another aircraft that would proportionally match.) The cross is indeed painted on. The fabric is one piece, not two attached which would also match for the chordwise application method used. Rib tapes were plain white and hand painted to match the lozenge camo. There are a handful of threads remaining from where the fabric was stitched to the ribs - which leads me to believe it was carefully removed. Though Hutton states in his inscription it was from a downed a/c, its just as possible (and I suspect) that he removed it from a plane handed over at the end of the war (since we know that all DVIIs were handed over).

• 4 weeks later...

Wow,that a great plane fabric !!!

But to my point of view your fabric comes from the upper surface of the upper wing according to the colors of the camouflage. I would say it's a 4 colors lozenge camouflage.

For what I know DVII Balkenkreuz should be around 115 cm and rib spacing would be 30 cm. Concerning rib tape color, Albatros built plane use salmon pink tape, OAW use light blue tape. other builders use lozenge camouflage rib tape.

According to these consideration I do not think this fabric comes from lower wing of Fokker DVII but it will be very interesting to identify which type oaf plane this fabric comes from.

Which is the dimension of the cross and rib spacing?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...