Please ID this squadron patch

Manchu Warrior

Manchu Warrior

This patch was actually attached loosely to a vintage Boy Scouts uniform. It measures about 4" across, any ideas?

post-1412-0-19628800-1485038618.jpgpost-1412-0-43542800-1485038624.jpg

It sure looks a lot like a B-52 from above, and a number of Buff unit patches show the aircraft from above something like that one. The lightning bolts and "X" made me think of electronic warfare, navigator, bombardier... but I just could not find any reference for that "103"

It was fun searching for it though...

I've seen this before, but can't recall. I don't think it's USAF. The clue here might be the X, as in Explorer. Since it was attached to a scout uniform, that may explain it. But this is just a guess!

Randy

Aren't there BS troops and Explorer posts sponsored by military units (on post), as there are Police and Fire supported posts?

Yes, I was in one at Griffiss AFB in the 70s. The USAF was very supportive of scouting, and I've seen many BSA/Explorer patches over the years related to USAF bases/activities.

Randy

That is the 103rd Civil Air Patrol Composite Squadron, (Adults & Cadets) from Philadelphia. That patch was worn as a breast patch on field and flight jackets in the 60s and 70s

That is the 103rd Civil Air Patrol Composite Squadron, (Adults & Cadets) from Philadelphia. That patch was worn as a breast patch on field and flight jackets in the 60s and 70s

A steely-eyed collector! Well done!

-Ski

Manchu Warrior

I appreciate the information as well as all of the other reply's.There was also a 187th Airborne patch sewn to the shirt so it was worth picking up. Thanks!