173rd AB Vietnam?

WorldWarPatches

vintageproductions

Novelty patches, may have been owned by someone in the 173rd, but usually found on party jackets or boonie hats

vintageproductions

There was a helicopter unit also and each squad or platoon had a different color background.

But usually when I have seen them worn like this with those type tabs, totally novelty type.

WorldWarPatches

The guy I got this from said ( I called him ) It was 173rd and he removed it from a jump jacket. I checked and the 173rd colors are correct and they were at Tuy-Hoa

Nice stuff.I have a Vietnam era Playboy.It has a nice article of a BUNNY visiting with men of 173rd.I thin there are pics of men wearing PLAYBOY insignia on berets.I will have to dig it up.The 173rd was stationed at TUY-HOA Prov.

The guy I got this from said ( I called him ) It was 173rd and he removed it from a jump jacket. I checked and the 173rd colors are correct and they were at Tuy-Hoa

A "jump jacket"? That would not be correct for the Vietnam period. They wore either jungle fatigues or OG-107 standard fatigues. Too bad he removed them from whatever the uniform was. It would have helped narrow down the background story.

WorldWarPatches

A "jump jacket"? That would not be correct for the Vietnam period. They wore either jungle fatigues or OG-107 standard fatigues. Too bad he removed them from whatever the uniform was. It would have helped narrow down the background story.

The guy is in his 90's, jump or jungle or jacket are all the same at that age, he did remove it from something back in the 70's. Most of his 8000+ collection is uniform removed.