Possible 1945 China bring back

Blu1989

I've had these items for a while now but I haven't done the proper research on them to have a full history like many bring backs should have. Anyway I bought these items inside of a very old leather wallet that was crumbling apart but I was able to pull these carefully out of the wallet before it completely fell apart. There are four American coins (a 1941 Mercury Dime, two pennies from 1917 and 1918, and a 1942 nickel) and there was this 100 Yuan Chinese bill. Now I didn't think much of it until I really looked at it and noticed there was an address written on the bill and a name of Robert Carter at the bottom and on the back a small date of July 1945 was written at the very top corner of the bill. Doing a bit of research there were still skirmishes going on at this time and I saw pictures of several US Army soldiers attached to Chinese units there at the time so there is a chance that this Robert Carter was one of those soldiers attached to a Chinese unit and he kept this bill as a souvenir of his time in China.

post-159863-0-12198700-1484789876.jpg

post-159863-0-44797300-1484789883.jpg

post-159863-0-94860200-1484789890.jpg

post-159863-0-69496200-1484789897.jpg

USCapturephotos

That's interesting. Too bad he has such a common name but still having the town of Worcester Mass. on there should make him a bit easier to research.

Paul

Jeffrey Magut

The Worcester Mass reference may not be to Robert Carter. The name above Worcester is also written in the same hand as Worcester. That name is C. Cimato.

Carlo J Cimato Sr, (1920-2013) of Worcester served in the Army Air Corps and, according to his obit, was stationed in the China Burma India theatre.

I think that is your man.

Wow thanks Jeffery! It definitely does sound like my guy after I took a closer look at the bill in question. Now I just have to get one of those clear money protectors to keep it better preserved and not rolled up like it keeps wanting to end up.