USMC winter weather training?

Bluehawk

great pix Brig! a stunning, if frigid, landscape. Northern lights have to be one of the most beautiful sights an Earthling can see.

How did your gear hold up? was it equal to the environment? how did your gear compare to Royal Marines and the Norwegians?

Terry

Despite what Russian news articles will have you believe, our gear held up fine, if treated with respect, as is always the case with gear. As for how it compared, you know how that goes...everybody wishes they had everyone else's. However, perhaps the best way to sum up our gear is based on one of their instructors comments. When I asked what of ours he would buy at our PX, his reply was "F'n all of it."

The Norwegian version of polypro, however, is phenomenal. And I liked the British cold weather hats, but part of that is because I hate beanies

Great pictures, Brig. Beautiful scenery, but you can keep that cold weather crap. I'd rather be above 120 than below 20 - I've never found gloves and socks that can keep my fingers and toes warm, no matter what.

No. There was a company of Army who participated in Joint Viking on the OPFOR side, we were hoping to come into contact with them, but it never happened.