504th Airborne Baseball Jersey w/ Regimental patch

Mr.Jerry

After about a month of negotiations, I was finally able to acquire this one. Sadly I know little about the original owner.

I am not sure when they changed the design of the regimental patch, but this has to be an earlier piece.

Hope you like it as much as I do!

IMG_5090.JPG

IMG_5091.JPG

Brian Dentino

Now that is one cool baseball jersey! Agree with Ski, you will probably never see another one like it and it is spectacular!

Jerry, I just sent you a PM. That has too be the same one that walked into an antique shop owned by a friend of mine in east Tennessee maybe 2 months ago. I did my best to buy it, but was going through a third party and the deal obviously never happened. Congrats, Alex

The patch does not look like the chenille original or the Boots patch. Most likely it was something made specifically for the jerseys. Very cool.

Great find Jerry, don't think it would be from WWII as these units were titled Parachute, as in 504th Parachute Infantry Regiment, so from the time after when they were redesignated Airborne Infantry Regiments and that would be from late 1947 on.

Thanks, I did think it was post WW2, with the zipper and such, but pre-1950s because of the patch use. I'll post the tag and maybe we can better id the time frame.

On a somewhat related note did you see the awesome uniforms Army wore for the Army/Navy football game?

(Photo Credit: West Point Military Academy)

army.jpg

Odd that they didn't put the American flag on as 'assaulting forward'.

Thanks, I did think it was post WW2, with the zipper and such, but pre-1950s because of the patch use. I'll post the tag and maybe we can better id the time frame.

On a somewhat related note did you see the awesome uniforms Army wore for the Army/Navy football game?

(Photo Credit: West Point Military Academy)

Odd that they didn't put the American flag on as 'assaulting forward'.

It was worn WWII Style like the 82nd wore them (note the 48 stars too!)

• 1 year later...

Beautiful one-of-a-kind find there! A beautiful piece for any collection.

No doubt! It would be a great addition to the baseball militaria museum!