Uniform

Gerradtgrant

I came across this today and thought it was really cool. I know nothing about it. It appeared to be in really good shape. A few small holes on the pants is all I could find. Inside of the jacket was good. I am confused about the ROTC patch on it. Any info you could give me would be appreciated. The price tag on it seemed steep. So, I figured I would find out what I could before even entertaining an offer. It is named Bailey!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Oh sorry! $300 and negotiable. Getting on eBay that seems way in left field. But, I wasn't sure and that was the only point of reference I had.

Oh sorry! $300 and negotiable. Getting on eBay that seems way in left field. But, I wasn't sure and that was the only point of reference I had.

At $300 dollars I would pass. You can find a much nicer WWI jacket at that price.

I assumed it was sky high. Like to check with you experts that know before I assume. Thank you all for your expertise!

Gerrad

If they could subtract $270 from the price, that would be ok.

Wow! That low huh! From what I could tell on eBay I figured a little higher. It was my first experience with a WWI uniform.

Wow! That low huh! From what I could tell on eBay I figured a little higher. It was my first experience with a WWI uniform.

The ROTC connection really takes it down a few notches.

Too Much WW1 Militaria

Actually, ROTC tunics are fairly scarce when compared to regular Army tunics, but, not widely collected. About half their asking price would be around fair retail, but at $300, they could have it a loooooonnnnngggggg time.

John

Hello!

Austin and John are correct. The price is way too high for this. The ROTC was created in 1916 at universities across the country. The first graduating class was in 1920. Many ROTC candidates left school to join the war effort during WWI. ROTC uniforms are not commonly found, but are not really hot collectible items. The ROTC shield on this tunic is in the Infantry light blue embroidered letters. Artillery was in red, Engineers were in red and white, cavalry was in yellow, etc. It is missing collar insignia, which could be pin back versions as the collar does not seem to have the holes for collar discs. The US disc and ROTC torch or letters would be appropriate. Often school buttons are seen on these. I cannot see what this one has. The name inside won't mean much without knowing what college he attended. In my collection of over 40 years I have only one, a local man, and I use it for historical presentations at local schools on WWI. Not much interest in it at presentations compared to some of the other things I bring. MHJ