My USMC WW1 Room Part 3 "Belleau Wood"

French Sam

Stunning display! Thank you for sharing, well done. Nice choice on the mannequins as well, they help bring the display to life.

donation2013.gifdonation2015.gif

Looking for: Washington and Oregon Coast Artillery items

Any items related to the Harbor Defenses of the Columbia River and the Harbor Defenses of Puget Sound, 1860s-WWII. This includes items from Fort Stevens, OR; Ft Canby, WA; Ft Columbia, WA; Ft Worden, WA; Ft Casey, WA; Ft Flagler, WA; Ft Ward, WA; Ft Whitman, WA; Camp Hayden, WA; and the following units that served at these forts:
Columbia River: 33rd, 34th, 93rd, and 160th Companies, CAC; and 18th and 249th Coast Artillery regiments
Puget Sound: 26th, 30th, 62nd, 63rd, 71st, 85th, 92nd, 94th, 106th, 108th, 126th, 149th, and 150th Companies, CAC; and 14th and 248th Coast Artillery regiments

Coast Defense Study Group member & site representative for the Columbia River forts

ASMIC member

Seriously amazing! The mannequins look amazing and bring a lot of life to the display. Thank you for sharing!

"Never a Backwards Glance Nor a Moment's Hesitation - Drive On!"

-1st Squadron, 9th Cavalry

Just one of those mannequins would be an accomplishment to put together. Outstanding.

Looking for the following:

452nd and 447th Bomb Group items

Anything 12th Armored- especially uniforms

155th Assault Helicopter Company, Camp Coryell, or Ban Me Thuot Vietnam items[/center]

WWII US Navy Uniforms from the Battle Off Samar: USS Johnston DD-557, USS Hoel DD-553, USS Samuel B. Roberts DE-413, USS Heermann DD-532, USS Dennis DE-405, USS John C. Butler DE-339, USS Raymond DE-341, USS Fanshaw Bay St. Lo, White Plains, Kalinin Bay, Kitkun Bay and Gambier Bay...

donation2011.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2019.gif

Awesome yet again! Thanks for sharing this stunning collection! When is the museum opening to the public?! :)

A museum... maybe one day !!! :)

If members of the forum come to France at Belleau Wood they can warm me and I will make a visit with great pleasure ! :)

Best.

world war I nerd

French Sam, congratulations. You have A LOT of history in that room ... many rare artifacts.

I like the fact that you mixed OD with forest green on your seated Navy Corpsman. Since the service breeches and trousers wore out twice as fast as service coats, I suspect that when OD was first introduced to the USMC in France, there must have been quite a few Marines wearing both colors. I've yet to see it in photos, but a very nice detail nevertheless!

Backtheattack

Absolute amazing! Now I`m sure, you have your own museum! Very well done, my congratulation. Like the Chauchat.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the best displays ever. There is an artist who visits this forum that makes her manikins even more life like with glass eyes. Not taking away from your display as it looks awesome!! Well done!

A museum... maybe one day !!! :)

If members of the forum come to France at Belleau Wood they can warm me and I will make a visit with great pleasure ! :)

Best.

As impressive a display I have ever seen outside of a museum. Superbe! Hopefully in 2018 I'll get that tour!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...