Hey Gang, I have always been interested in owning a wooden ammo crate, But they always seemed too big and bulky.

Well, I came across this one Saturday and knew it was just the right size.

and it was Marked very well.

post-633-1223345283.jpg

post-633-1223345289.jpg

post-633-1223345294.jpg

post-633-1223345300.jpg

post-633-1223345305.jpg

How much are these crates Worth on todays market anyways .??

Thanks, Carey

*** NEW *** Honorplace Site for Grandfather

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

donation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

My first thought when reading this post was that anyone who has always wanted to own an ammo crate needs to get a life. Then I remembered the accumulation of junk in my garage. I'd be happy to sell you a couple ammo crates from my accumulation, but the shipping would be so much that I'd be embarrassed to quote a price.

One stumbling block to achieving your dream is that shipping such junk usually costs more than its value. The last time I visited J&G Sales in Prescott, AZ, they had a mountain of wooden ammunition crates piled outside on their loading dock--buyers choice for $5. No one was lining up to buy them, but it was summer. Mabye when it gets colde they'll be more demand for firewood.

If you have a use for .30 ammuniton you could buy a crate from the CMP--their prices are very competitive, and the .30 ammuntion comes in a nice crate. Or if you have time on your hands, you could make your own crate--after a few decades no one will know if its original.

I am glad these are worth something. Since i plan on putting ordnance and other ww2 items in the box for storage. Hence the "perfect size" comment.

WWII M2HB Ammo Crate MB GPW Halftrack Wood Box EMPTY

Item number: 120313255187

I just didnt know many of these were well preserved, thats why i bought it for $5 bucks.

Carey

*** NEW *** Honorplace Site for Grandfather

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

donation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

The last time I visited J&G Sales in Prescott, AZ, they had a mountain of wooden ammunition crates piled outside on their loading dock--buyers choice for $5. No one was lining up to buy them, but it was summer. Mabye when it gets colde they'll be more demand for firewood.

That's quite funny. I grew up in Prescott. if you drive around to the left of the loading dock in front of J&G, you will find a large dumpster. Next to the dumpster, is where they put all of the garbage ammo crates and oak shipping pallets. We often loaded these up to burn on cold nights out in woods (back in my rowdier days) :lol:

Levi

Carey:

That is a nice ammo crate and will work just fine in the role you have planned for it. The ammunition that used to be in it was API (Armor Piercing Incendiary) which was manufactured at TW (Twin Cities Ordnance Plant located in Minneapolis.) For $5 you did alright.

Regards,

Charlie Flick

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Carey:

That is a nice ammo crate and will work just fine in the role you have planned for it. The ammunition that used to be in it was API (Armor Piercing Incendiary) which was manufactured at TW (Twin Cities Ordnance Plant located in Minneapolis.) For $5 you did alright.

Regards,

Charlie Flick

I agree with Charlie and as a "Ammo Box Freak" I can also say that the older box's are not a dime a dozen in any way when it come's with clean, bright nomanclature and wood that is not all banged up. Here are two that i picked up in the last couple of month's, 20.00 and 10.00 for the two. I clean them and then give them a auto clear coat, (you have to prime your wood fist with a clear shallack!) and add some finish head furniture screw's and they become great heavyduty storage box's with a cool theme.

post-3273-1224211804.jpg

"How many life's can you justify your battle hymn's". Saxon, Power and the Glory....

"Due to the presence of fools wise people stand out - Japanese proverb"

“Labor disgraces no man; unfortunately, you occasionally find men who disgrace labor.”

—Ulysses S. Grant

DBA hoc1983 on ebay. Always nice stuff!

Nothing like a story with a fake Nun.

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

.50 cal box

post-3273-1224211850.jpg

"How many life's can you justify your battle hymn's". Saxon, Power and the Glory....

"Due to the presence of fools wise people stand out - Japanese proverb"

“Labor disgraces no man; unfortunately, you occasionally find men who disgrace labor.”

—Ulysses S. Grant

DBA hoc1983 on ebay. Always nice stuff!

Nothing like a story with a fake Nun.

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.