Flying Tigers patch needs dating

WorldWarPatches

There was a civilian aircargo company based out of the west coast for several years that went by the name "Flying Tigers". Possible this is from that organization, possibly for a ground crew coveralls?

What I thought too Vance.

http://www.flyingtigerantiques.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=fta&Product_Code=airmi40008&Category_Code=26oli

Wings of the same insignia on flyingtigerantiques http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/238911-flying-tiger-line-wings/?hl=%2Bflying+%2Btigers&do=findComment&comment=1906225

I think Jose could best let us know. I really think I have seen this insignia on the forum before.

My gut feeling is that it isn't military. It just doesn't ring true to what anything associated with the Flying Tigers looks like. Just my 2 cents. I could be completely wrong.

-Ski

I think its a civilian Air Club patch of some kind thats my guess not military at all.Scotty

It is NOT a Flying Tiger Lines patch. I say this based on 26 years with the airline which by the way was the largest world wide cargo airline in it's day 1947 -1989 and was bought by Fedex to obtain their around the world routes.

Not to throw stones, but the airline existed for 42 years and you worked for them for 26 of those. How can you so emphatically state this design wasn't used by them at some point in the other 16 years? It may very well not be a Flying Tiger line patch, but the logic of your statement above doesn't add up.

Not to throw stones, but the airline existed for 42 years and you worked for them for 26 of those. How can you so emphatically state this design wasn't used by them at some point in the other 16 years? It may very well not be a Flying Tiger line patch, but the logic of your statement above doesn't add up.

Probably because someone who spends 26 years at an airline is likely intimately familiar with the airlines history. Also, a cargo airline is not likely going to use an aircraft like that to depict their cargo lift capability. I don't think it's washed, moth-damaged look makes it "very old" either. Looks like the most likely ID is the flight school logo posted by Eric. In any case, I agree with Bill...it is not military.