Sweetheart Pillow covers / pillow shams

Greg Sebring

• 2 weeks later...

I sure enjoy looking at these. I have a few that I will post in the near future. I like them because they identify a lot of the obscure airfields that popped up during the war. Thanks to everyone for postinh.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Really nice pillow covers guys!

Here's some of mine.

post-2501-1303488273.jpg

Jason

Is this blue Seabees one made from felt? That is stunning!

Is this blue Seabees one made from felt? That is stunning!

Rally,

Yes felt material and the patches are made from leather.

I really love your pillow cover!

Jason

Rally,

Yes felt material and the patches are made from leather.

I really love your pillow cover!

Jason

Wow! That is fantastic!!! Thanks for sharing. I am on the hunt for one of those...where there's one...there's got to be another!

Here is one that I picked up a couple of weeks ago. Probably from the early to mid 1950's based on the aircraft shown--I think that they are: Convair XFY "Pogo" Sikorsky HO3S-1 Grumman F9F-6 "Cougar." Aircraft experts please correct me if I'm off on the ID's. Thanks, Al Hirschler in Dallas.

post-12790-1303577685.jpg

I had hundreds of these before digital cameras , traded them all away. Over the past few years I have started keeping them again. I still need to takes pics of them all but here is one I thought was interestng.

post-1604-1303692671.jpg

Lightning Ace

Really neat Pillow Shams and Pennants and I'm still looking for a pillow sham and pennant with a WW II P-38

Lightning on them.

All stuff from my collection of items from my hometown. You might initially think some of these were photographed more than once, but that's not right. If you see a pattern that looks the same,. you'll see the fringe is different and that it's a different cover of the same pattern...

DaleMabryField006.jpg

DaleMabryField025-1.jpg

DaleMabryField022.jpg

DaleMabryField021.jpg

I also have several for other bases in Florida (several from the amphib base at Camp Gordon Johnston as well as that was relatively close to my hometown as well), just don't have photos of them already:

DaleMabryField004.jpg

I now live over 3000 miles away from the area, so I never display them anywhere...

• 3 weeks later...