Sweetheart Pillow covers / pillow shams

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

those pillow stuffers are nice. you can be a collector of just those. there are loads and loads of different ones.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/usmfribbons/donation2017.gifhttp://www.usmilitariaforum.com/usmfribbons/donation2018.gifhttp://www.usmilitariaforum.com/uploads//monthly_12_2018/post-2-0-82042400-1545944020.gifdonation2020.gif

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/usmfribbons/donation2007.gifhttp://www.usmilitariaforum.com/usmfribbons/donation2008.gifhttp://www.usmilitariaforum.com/usmfribbons/donation2009.gifhttp://www.usmilitariaforum.com/usmfribbons/donation2010.gifhttp://www.usmilitariaforum.com/usmfribbons/donation2011.gif

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/usmfribbons/donation2012.gifhttp://www.usmilitariaforum.com/usmfribbons/donation2013.gifhttp://www.usmilitariaforum.com/usmfribbons/donation2014.gifhttp://www.usmilitariaforum.com/usmfribbons/donation2015.gifhttp://www.usmilitariaforum.com/usmfribbons/donation2016.gif

• 1 year later...

Various pillow shams, handkerchiefs and other related souvenirs that I have picked up over the years. Sorry about the quality of some of the pictures. If anyone is interested in seeing more pics I will glady email them to you.

First up two of my favourite pillow shams in the collecting:

Civilian Conservation Corps. to Mother

1046.jpg

Civilian Conservation Corps. to Mother

1047.jpg

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American . . . There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have no room for but one flag, the American Flag . . . We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language . . . and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

- Theodore Roosevelt, 1919

U.S. Marine Corps related:

1048.jpg

Camp Lejeune, NC to Sister

1051.jpg

To sister

1053.jpg

Democracy's Vanguard to Mother

1055.jpg

woman's scarf

1052.jpg

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American . . . There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have no room for but one flag, the American Flag . . . We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language . . . and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

U.S. Navy related:

Norfolk, VA to Mother

1032-3.jpg

Norfolk, VA

1033-3.jpg

handkerchief

1050.jpg

Naval Training Station Bainbridge MD to Sister

1059.jpg

WWI

1060-1.jpg

Handkerchief holder

1057.jpg

obverse

1058.jpg

1061-1.jpg

to Mother

1062-1.jpg

Naval Air Technical Training Center, Mamphis, Tenn.

1063-1.jpg

to My Dear Wife

1083.jpg

handkerchief

1082.jpg

U.S. Coast Guard and Merchant Marine

U.S. Coast Guard to Mother

1056.jpg

U.S. Merchant Marine to Wife

1081.jpg

U.S. Merchant Marine to Mother

1080.jpg

U.S. Army related:

Friendship

1067.jpg

Camp Lee, VA

1068.jpg

Fort George G. Meade, MD to Sister

1069.jpg

Camp Polk, LA to Mother and Dad

1070.jpg

Camp Polk, LA pennant

1031-1.jpg

Camp Pickett, VA

1071.jpg

Shenango Personnel Replacement Depot, Transfer, PA

1072.jpg

California - Arizonia Maneuver Area

1077.jpg

to Sister

1078.jpg

Anti-aircraft Replacement Training Center, Fort Eustis, VA

1079.jpg

handkerchief Fort Gordon, GA

1084.jpg

Dugway Proving Ground, Utah

1086.jpg

Misc. items

Pusan Korea 1951 woman's scarf

1036-1.jpg

WWI silk handkerchief

1038.jpg

WWI silk handkerchief

1039.jpg

WWI silk handkerchief Souvenir of France

1076.jpg

WWI handkerchief holder Camp Sevier, SC

1074.jpg

1075.jpg

Alaska Highway

1073.jpg

U.S. Army Air Corps and U.S. Air Force

Jefferson Barracks, MO

1065.jpg

to Mother

1064-1.jpg

Buckley Field, Colo.

1066-1.jpg

Very nice ,I used to have a bunch of AAF related pillow shams, I even put pillows in them! ( But didn't use them of course)

Paul Conrad
Still looking for quality wings!

www.conradwings.com
donation2007.gifdonation2008.gif
donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif
donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

I am bored prefixing everything I say with "I think" or "in my opinion".
Everything I say is my opinion; the only thing of which I am certain is that there is very little of which one can be certain.

A very nice collection of a very overlooked subject area. Well done!

-Ski

In Memory Of......
Pte Harold Griffiths, 1805, 1/6th Manchester Regt, KIA June 4th, 1915 in Gallipoli
Cpl Isaac Judges, 40494, 6th East Yorkshire Regt, KIA October 3rd, 1917 in Ypres
May they rest in peace.....

MSgt - USAF Retired

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

Various pillow shams, handkerchiefs and other related souvenirs that I have picked up over the years. Sorry about the quality of some of the pictures. If anyone is interested in seeing more pics I will glady email them to you.

A most impressive collection. I have moved them into an existing thread on sweetheart pillow shams.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

donation2019.gif

Here is a recent Riker case I put together with hankies my dad brought back.

Greg

post-118-1228527817.jpg

My collection is strictly what my dad brought back from the ETO.

Sgt. Mahlon E. Sebring, 82nd Airborne, 319th Glider Field Artillery, A Battery - Normandy, Holland, The Bulge, and Germany... finishing with occupation duty in Berlin

http://ww2-airborne....ts/319/319.html

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gif
donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

Awesome piilow cases guys! Out of curiosity does nayone have one from Casper Air Base, Casper WY? If they do I would love to see one, I am looking for one and would just like to know that they exist. Thanks guys and awesome pillow cases. thumbsup.gif

Brandon Sivek "God Bless Texas, and these United States"

In loving memory: Great Cousin 2nd Lt. Louis E. Machala, B-17 Pilot

2nd Air Force, 331st BG, 461st BS

Killed near Glenrock, WY on Feb. 25, 1943 during night time practice bombing

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR WW2 ARMY AIR FORCE FLIGHT GEAR

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gif

PROUD MEMBER OF THE COMMEMORATIVE AIR FORCE

PROUD MEMBER OF THE FELLOW WINGNUT ASSOCIATION,

WINGNUTS OF THE WORLD UNITE!

• 3 weeks later...

This is a little worn but it is one of my favorites. Because I was stationed at Ft Stewart for a few years and it is cool to find old items that say Camp Stewart.

post-1412-1230000380.jpg

In memory of.....
SSG Jarred S Fontenot US Army KIA Baghdad, Iraq 10-18-07 RIP my friend-Charlie Three Three Delta Out

donation2008.gif
donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

• 2 months later...

Here's mine. At least that I've ran across so far. The first is a generic one to a mother. I got this from his son. He was in the Army in the Aleutians.

post-4106-1236746568.jpg

That wasn't friendly fire.. If I was being 'friendly', I wouldn't have fired at them!!!

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2013.gif

This one is from Fort Dix, NJ. Still in the PX envelope ready to be filled out and sent home. Note the stamp 'Mother' on the back to mark what the product inside is.

post-4106-1236746797.jpg

post-4106-1236746804.jpg

That wasn't friendly fire.. If I was being 'friendly', I wouldn't have fired at them!!!

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2013.gif