Sweetheart Pillow covers / pillow shams

Greg Sebring

This one is my favorite.. Pre-war USS Houston.. For those who aren't familiar, CA-30, USS Houston was sunk March 1, 1942 in the Battle of Sunda Straight. Only 368 of her 1,061 detatchment survived. This is a gorgeous example. Weaving goes through the cloth, not just applied letters.

post-4106-1236747748.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I have about 10 of these pillow cases.

I have 1 Fort Benning that is my absolute favorite!!

I have 2 Camp Mackall's (1 is photoed) The other is like the Camp Mackall on Page 1.

I have alot of CAMP SWIFT (My grandfather trained here thats why I collect these).

I have Fort Bragg, Fort Campbell KY, I have several CAMP CROFT (my grandfather trained here as well + i live about 15 minutes away from the place, I love CAMP CROFT Stuff!).

I think you all will like the Fort Benning, tell me it doesnt look like the original WWII T-shirts from Fort Benning, Skip Muck from the Band Of Brothers is pictured wearing one very similar to the pillowcase I have.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks

post-2002-1239199210.jpg

post-2002-1239199219.jpg

Gentlemen,

Very nice collections. I like pillow shams as they show/represent where all our camps were throughout the country, and of course the graphics are great too.

Thanks for sharing.

Jeff

Neat thread--I hadn't seen it. I didn't have any of these until last week, when I picked up these two items. The first one is a pillor cover from the U.S. Desert Training Center in California.

post-70-1239755948.jpg