03 A3 with sniper scope HELP

SGT York

The Gibbs Rifle company makes reproduction 03A4 Sniper rifles, using recovered drill rifles with new made barrels and repro stocks. They are priced at for $1250, I think your rifle which uses 'old' parts would be worth no less than that

A very valid point, Royk.

Bizarrely, as a lover of 'white elephants', I have the probably uncommon experience of both creating a pretty good 03A4 clone for myself, and buying an excellent 03A4 clone from a private seller that built it for competition but retired from doing that. Both of those rifles together represent less than 400 dollars more than one Gibbs 03A4.

SGT York's rifle could be 'worth' more than my guess. It is quite possible a buyer would compare his rifle- which looks and seems quite good- with Gibbs' offering and sale price. It is possible that I got very good 'bang for my buck' on building the one and buying the other. Personally I feel that Gibbs asks for a lot of money.

A very valid point, Royk.

Bizarrely, as a lover of 'white elephants', I have the probably uncommon experience of both creating a pretty good 03A4 clone for myself, and buying an excellent 03A4 clone from a private seller that built it for competition but retired from doing that. Both of those rifles together represent less than 400 dollars more than one Gibbs 03A4.

SGT York's rifle could be 'worth' more than my guess. It is quite possible a buyer would compare his rifle- which looks and seems quite good- with Gibbs' offering and sale price. It is possible that I got very good 'bang for my buck' on building the one and buying the other. Personally I feel that Gibbs asks for a lot of money.

aLL FAIR POINTS i APPRECIATE ALL AND ANY INPUT.Oops caps lock

I have a M1903A3 made into a faux A4. It has an original sniper stock (Korean war vintage), with a 330C scope and A4 bolt. Based on cost of all the components (less the bolt; I also have an 03A3 bolt converted for a scoped rifle that I would put on it if I were to sell it), I'd value it at $1100-$1200 as it sits. Yours, I'd think, would be in the same ballpark.

El Bibliotecario

If the receiver ring has been drilled and tapped for the scope mount, this adversely affects value since the weapon cannot be restored to original M1903A3 condition. Given that issue, it might have relatively more value as a faux-M1903A4 to someone who wanted a lower priced representative piece, as mentioned by a previous poster.

• 1 month later...