Matched set 1918 French Officer Collar EGAs

stucky151

Stucky151 great find! Not trying to pick on your emblems just learning. The eagles head seem larger then examples in Tim's book. Could we get a strait on shot of the back if you wouldn't mind. You might have a interesting variation.

I know him well, he certainly wouldn't knowingly deceive.

They weren't the only set of emblems in the lot associated to that Marine, the provenance is true

That makes me feel much better. Its by far the most Ive spent on EGAs to date. The rest of the ones I need, I feel I cant avoid the high price tags at this point.

teufelhunde.ret

That makes me feel much better. Its by far the most Ive spent on EGAs to date. The rest of the ones I need, I feel I cant avoid the high price tags at this point.

As time goes on, you will appreciate the relative scarcity of these emblem. And most of all the euphoria that accompany the addition of these fine birds to an advanced collection. The acquisition cost will become a secondary matter, dismissed quickly. Working on a display to show them at their best can be a bitch... but fun!

I appreciate it! My wife, not so much! What started as a hobby has turned into a slight obsession and to have a collection that started as a meager assembly to be come to looked at as an advanced collection is a nice feeling.

I've handled that set in person, I feel they're a 100% legit variant

I'd be careful to say these are a "variant" based off of a pin. There are only a few known variants to these and these are identifiable by the overall size and anchor stocks (curved or straight). There are small manufacturer's differences (tilted globes, positioning of eagles and anchors which in some cases result in upside down globes, pin lengths, etc) not to be chalked up as "variant".

Not to take anything away from these....these are 100% real and purchased/worn "Over There!".

Mike