Medal of Honor Recipient Challenge Coins

Hello everyone, I wanted to share with you my Afghanistan and Iraq Medal of Honor recipients challenge coin collection that I have. I am a challenge coin collector and you may have seen me at the show of shows or here on the forums. Hopefully one day the forums on here will have a section were people can share challenge coins. Even if its under this topic of Unofficial Military Awards. I have talked to quite a few militaria collectors at the shows and they told me they just don't get challenge coins. One guy told me challenge coins were worthless. Worthless or not I am looking into writing a book about challenge coins and would like to feature my Medal of Honor recipients challenge coins in the first few pages. I wanted to show off what I had so far and am hoping to complete the Afghanistan and Iraq Medal of Honor recipients challenge coins. I still need a few but will post which once i still need in the wanted forums. I will never forget when I got to meet Michael Murphy's family at the Navy Ball a few years back in Fort Worth, TX. Before the Navy Ball I took three Texas flags around the base and everyone that was available sign them. One went to the Murphy family, one went to the Kyle family, and one went to the brother of a member that we lost on base when he was in Afghanistan. The guy at the end of holding the Texas flag is Taylor Kitsch who played Michael Murphy in Lone Survivor. I really enjoyed talking with Maureen and Daniel Murphy, Michaels parents. I also remember meeting Hershel Woody Williams and Don Jenkins at last years Show of Shows and received coins from them. Hopefully I will locate the coins I am after.

post-22284-0-27477500-1484009094_thumb.jpg

post-22284-0-25363200-1484009106_thumb.jpg

post-22284-0-74850100-1484009382.jpg

USMarineCorps

Very, very cool! Definitely an under appreciated area of collecting (for some reason unknown to me). I definitely support your idea of writing a book about them. Would love to see the result ;)

Very nice collection! I love challenge coins and agree they are underappreciated. Doesn't matter if they are not worth a lot of money. The hunt and enjoyment are priceless.

...Kat

Very nice collection! I love challenge coins and agree they are underappreciated. Doesn't matter if they are not worth a lot of money. The hunt and enjoyment are priceless.

...Kat

Kat, I agree. Plus if you're collecting only to make money it takes the fun out of everything, at least for me. I collect because I like a certain item, not that it might end up being worth hundreds of dollars. I'm just not a challenge coin kinda guy, every company or platoon seems to have one. But collect what YOU like.

Hi Seabee oef

Here's a photo of the only challenge coin I have and also the only CMOH challenge coin .I obtained this awesome challenge coin directly from Mr. Baca a few yrs ago and is the center piece of my CMOH autograph collection. Take Care Jay

post-564-0-19035000-1484535898.jpg

post-564-0-03373300-1484535917.jpg

• 1 month later...