Questions about Helmet

Dirtyshirt

Hello all, I recently picked up this helmet at an estate sell & have a couple of questions. Some research leads me to believe that it's a GenTex H-1. Any information as to it's age,

use, & value, would be appreciated.

Thank you,

DS

post-161673-0-55633400-1483901116_thumb.jpg

post-161673-0-34475000-1483901122_thumb.jpg

Looks like a HGU 55 shell and liner. Could be for non pilot crew.(long cord on the boom mic)Could also be a HALO helmet.(wrong oxygen bayonet receivers)Last 20 years or so.Lift the earphone pads(velcro) may find the label. It is Gentex. Stops for eye shield never there or missing.

Bob

phantomfixer

Looks like an early 55/P and a boom mike makeshift added to the bayonet...looks like a t bayonet ...

Helmet was repainted?...maybe cropduster or other civilian use....the tag should be on the inside by the right receiver. ...

Thanks to all for the responses, as this helmet came from the Fort Bragg area & had a very poor condition sticker (which I removed) on the back "Golden Knights" I suspect it may have had something to do with Sky Divers ?

Thank again,

DS

wow thinking you shoulda left the Golden Knights sticker on it...kinda like the Thunderbirds for the US Army

but can't imagine someone jumped with this unless they removed the mic and cord...maybe a jumpmaster wore it for the knights?