Need Help Identifying A WWI Award/Citation

NetRngr

Trying to help a guy identify the following that belonged to his Great Grand Dad,

c5Zl90S.png

We have already informed him of the Victory Medal with the France clasp the other is the issue. I have yet to find anything similar. I'd really like to help this guy out and have correctly identified his grandfathers Japanese gas mask and explained / given infor on the uniform and collar brass etc. Was even able to give him info on the unit etc for further research but the medal has just evaded me. I was hoping one of you may be able to assist.

Many thanks in advance. I'd love to give him a full view of his Great Grands service to our country.

The design of the "T.H.L." badge is similar to the designs used for various fraternal societies' officers badges. Some use gavels, or trowels, or flags to denote their positions within the organization, so the fasces could smply denote an administrative position. Unfortunately, there's not enough information to nail down an exact identification, but I'd lean toward "T.H.L." neaning "T...H...Lodge". Someone in the family may recall that he was a member of the Loyal Order of Racoons or some such lodge.

Thanks guys. I know the soldier in question was a member of the Corps of Engineers. Wore the Special unit patch of the CE's (Construction Engineers) was in Company B of the 105th Regiment 30th Inf. was a Corporal and served for 1 yr.(Got all that from the uniform and attached collar brass etc.) Will pass along the info you provided. Many thanks.