Need Help with " Nazis Quit" Newspaper

Sregez80

Found this at a local antique store for dirt cheap so decided to add it to the collection. Upon arriving home I noticed that the date was September 31st, which doesn't exist. Also I noted that the volume and number were both #1. I tried to look this up online and found only one picture of this newspaper and It was on a "Rare and Unique" Newspaper collectors page. The article told me that it was a fake newspaper and that it was made before wars end as a joke. Other then that I cant find any other information on it, Anyone have any idea the worth and background of it? Why such a paper was created? I just took pictures of the front but nothing inside, if anyone would like to see more please let me know! Thanks

post-157731-0-89814900-1483371185_thumb.jpg

post-157731-0-75060200-1483371202_thumb.jpg

post-157731-0-57852000-1483371203_thumb.jpg

Hey, that's a great item. No clue on the value but I would have grabbed it if I spotted it. I'd love to see what's inside. No masthead inside showing who put it together?

Neat piece. Never saw anything like it. A propaganda piece? or something like "The Onion"?

Even the title "The Editors Dream" kind of gives it away. Very interesting!

Neat piece. Never saw anything like it. A propaganda piece? or something like "The Onion"?

Even the title "The Editors Dream" kind of gives it away. Very interesting!

Hey, that's a great item. No clue on the value but I would have grabbed it if I spotted it. I'd love to see what's inside. No masthead inside showing who put it together?

Added more pictures. Sorry they are blurry, for some reason my camera makes them too high quality for here

for some reason my camera makes them too high quality for here

"Blurry" is not "high quality" :) If you're photo software allows it, try sharpening images before you shrink them.

"Blurry" is not "high quality" :) If you're photo software allows it, try sharpening images before you shrink them.

Well I am using an high quality camera and when I upload pictures to eBay and other websites they are very clear and have fantastic detail. Unfortunately, when upload to here they are very blurry, I think it may have to do with the settings on my camera and the USMF image resizer.

Either way, thanks for the tip :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...